Author Topic: Analogue Duo  (Read 1208 times)

gex

Analogue Duo
« on: October 16, 2020, 09:59:12 PM »
U guys seeing this? I'm not one for modern consoles, but this definitely caught my eye

https://www.analogue.co/duo/

roflmao

Re: Analogue Duo
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 01:35:37 AM »
This looks amazing, imo. I've never been much of a fan of their products because I thought they were always overpriced, but $200 is less than a Duo. And it looks boss. And plays Supergrafx games!

That Guy from Faxanadu

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 07:11:17 AM »
Yeah, it’s definitely interesting. The Duo would let me play CD games as well as reducing the flickering of Darius Plus   :D

Does anyone know if Analogue have their consoles manufactured in China, US or elsewhere?

Keith Courage

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 07:35:48 AM »
Looks cool. I just hope that front loading CD drive doesn't scratch up CDs. Some front loading drives aren't too nice to discs.

Johnpv

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 10:01:19 AM »
I absolutely want this.  I love the fpga consoles.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 11:53:01 AM »
ROLF is right, the shell is sweet.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2020, 01:34:51 PM »
That looks pretty sweet, especially the built in wireless for up to four players.  The pocket thingy looks nice too.

Together, they sound like what the retroblow promised yet failed to deliver: all fpga, relatively cheap, etc.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

HuDuo

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2020, 02:50:19 PM »
It does indeed look really sweet, but I already have an OG black Duo System, so I’m good. I even have the arcade card duo for it.

esteban

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2020, 06:22:36 PM »
I am worried that I won't be able to snag one of these when we learn (2021?) more about how they are handling the orders.

I'm sure you folks signed-up (email) for updates....

I wish my $$$$ situation was healthier when Analogue released all the other hardware... (dreaming).

Thankfully, I spent my money on mozzarella sticks. Lots and lots of them. 
  |    | 

roflmao

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2020, 11:21:05 PM »
Thankfully, I spent my money on mozzarella sticks. Lots and lots of them.

Always a sound financial decision.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2020, 11:39:06 PM »
I am worried that I won't be able to snag one of these when we learn (2021?) more about how they are handling the orders.

I worry about this too.  Damn limited quantity bullshiz.....

roflmao

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2023, 11:26:15 PM »
Well, it's finally here. Anyone else here pick one up?

It's off to a bit of a shaky start, but I honestly can't believe it even got made. We are such a niche community and being able to play nearly everything on brand new hardware that outputs though HDMI is crazy talk! I really want to pick up a Supergrafx game or two now that I can play 'em.

It has me playing lots of obey again, that's for sure. Looking forward to getting into more of the Game of the Months again.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2023, 12:39:45 AM »
I got mine today but haven't done anything with it yet.  I'm hoping it gets me playing more.

roflmao

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2023, 01:05:28 AM »
I got mine today but haven't done anything with it yet.  I'm hoping it gets me playing more.

If yours came with anything less than 1.1 firmware, many games will have issues. The 1.1 firmware update fixes a bunch, but not everything. It also breaks compatibility with all Everdrives except the new Pro one. But we all have good libraries on-hand and I bet they either jailbreak it or get the Everdrives working again in a future firmware update.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2023, 01:45:00 PM »
Well, it's finally here. Anyone else here pick one up?

It's off to a bit of a shaky start, but I honestly can't believe it even got made. We are such a niche community and being able to play nearly everything on brand new hardware that outputs though HDMI is crazy talk! I really want to pick up a Supergrafx game or two now that I can play 'em.

It has me playing lots of obey again, that's for sure. Looking forward to getting into more of the Game of the Months again.

I waited until the first wave hit people's homes- and then went to pre-order it. Hopefully the next wave of shipments comes soon!