Author Topic: Hello, I have a DUO that runs perfect but occasionally CD background audio stops  (Read 478 times)

Dylanward

Hello, glad to see pcenginefx is basically up and running haha. Sweeeeet.

I have a duo I replaced all the caps with high quality MLCC and electrolytic for power rail. I also had to fix a bunch of traces and swap mute transistor on back.
CD plays awesome 95% of the time, but once and awhile background music cuts out. Also sometimes it’s slow to load.
I’m thinking it’s vr103 and or vr105. I don’t have my oscilloscope. So I don’t know if I wanna mess with it till I do.
Anything else you guys recommend me trying? I put new motor in. Cleaned rails and laser holes for rails and degreased. Regressed gears.

Anyways thanks and just wanna talk shop on here.

Keith Courage

If you already re-greased the lens rails then the problem has to be adjustment related.

Usually adjusting V101 or V102 fixes the issue. The other pots usually get left alone.

Dylanward

Thanks mate
Was wondering if you could go into more detail about the vr101 and vr102.
The console runs almost perfect. How would I narrow it down between the two with my scope?

Keith Courage

Sorry, I don't use a scope. I make lens adjustments by ear and testing. I've done so many of these I can typically get it right by the way things  sound as the lens is moving+reading.

So do it by process of elimination. Start with V101, turn it slightly left, if it makes no difference, try turning it farther right. If neither option changes things then put it back where it was to begin with and then move on to trying the same with V102 instead.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 10:48:13 PM by Keith Courage »