Author Topic: Anyone interested in playing TG16 online multiplayer?  (Read 580 times)

WindyPCE

Anyone interested in playing TG16 online multiplayer?
« on: November 15, 2020, 12:02:47 AM »
Was just poking around and saw Mednefen has online multiplayer play. We could get games of Dungeon explorer, Bomberman, Dungeon Explorer 2 and many other titles. I was thinking a bi-weekly or monthly get together we could join up and play. I hope I didnt post this in the wrong spot. But if anyone is interested please hit me up here or at the Discord Channel. I think it would be a blast.

roflmao

Re: Anyone interested in playing TG16 online multiplayer?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 05:35:01 PM »
Was just poking around and saw Mednefen has online multiplayer play. We could get games of Dungeon explorer, Bomberman, Dungeon Explorer 2 and many other titles. I was thinking a bi-weekly or monthly get together we could join up and play. I hope I didnt post this in the wrong spot. But if anyone is interested please hit me up here or at the Discord Channel. I think it would be a blast.

I noticed that the RetroPie is capable of online multiplay as well and have been meaning to dig into that. I wonder if they use the same back-end as Mednafen so folks using a Pi could play with PC users. If I have some time this week, I'll look into it again and see how easy/hard it is to get going. I imagine we'll have to set up some port forwarding on our routers at the very least.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 08:12:57 PM »
ROLF just let me know when you figure it out...then I can fly out to KS and we both can play three other online ppls from your couch :)

I think it'd be easier for me to take an airplane out to some obeyers crib than figure out setting up Lakka or Batocera online play.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

roflmao

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 05:56:28 PM »
ROLF just let me know when you figure it out...then I can fly out to KS and we both can play three other online ppls from your couch :)

I think it'd be easier for me to take an airplane out to some obeyers crib than figure out setting up Lakka or Batocera online play.

Sounds like a plan!  :pcgs:

esteban

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 06:16:43 PM »
If you folks figure this out, I'd like to join. I'd only be free in the evenings, though. Or early weekend mornings.

Regardless,  :pcgs:
  |    | 

roflmao

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 11:20:07 PM »
I haven't gotten around to tinkering with this yet. One of the reasons is my current MicroSD image for the Pi is kinda janky and I want to rebuild it so it functions better. But that always turns into one of those projects that takes longer than anticipated and so I keep putting it off for other projects I know I can finish in a set amount of time (like a weekend).

But this has been on my mind lately so I still hope to get to it sometime soonish.  :pcgs:

WindyPCE

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2020, 03:53:06 PM »
RetroArc would be perfect as it has the online p,ay built in on andoid devices. The only think I dont like is the on screen controls. To be honest they suck. Its totally free. It has the setup for online networking built in. I played Dungeon explorer and it looked great. Would ve nice to play with buddies.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2020, 08:20:29 AM »
... One of the reasons is my current MicroSD image for the Pi is kinda janky and I want to rebuild it so it functions better. But that always turns into one of those projects that takes longer than anticipated and so I keep putting it off for other projects I know I can finish in a set amount of time (like a weekend).
I feel yeah brother. I switched from Lakka to Batocera a few months ago, and recently acquired a "new" hand me down lappy (went from an Atom to a I5) that I wanted to update my existing Batocera, and that turned into a two day struggle. I made the mistake of transferring my dump of ROMs over my wireless, and that took quite a bit of time.

I have noticed on the newer releases of Lakka, it offers some on-line play function. I haven't really noticed if Batocera does or not. It's not hard to run Lakka on a thumb drive and just have a game or two copied over just for any group play together.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

roflmao

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2020, 03:56:40 PM »
I feel yeah brother. I switched from Lakka to Batocera a few months ago, and recently acquired a "new" hand me down lappy (went from an Atom to a I5) that I wanted to update my existing Batocera, and that turned into a two day struggle. I made the mistake of transferring my dump of ROMs over my wireless, and that took quite a bit of time.

I have noticed on the newer releases of Lakka, it offers some on-line play function. I haven't really noticed if Batocera does or not. It's not hard to run Lakka on a thumb drive and just have a game or two copied over just for any group play together.

I've made bootable flash drives of both Lakka and Batocera in the past but never really spent much time with them. It looks like Batocera has improved quite a bit since I last tried it!

It looks like there is online multiplayer capability, but you need to modify a .cfg file to enable it. There are instructions at the bottom of this thread: https://forum.batocera.org/d/1948-could-i-play-multiplayer-online-with-batocera/15

Now I'm tempted to install Batocera on one of my old laptops. :p