Author Topic: I notice Pcenginefx.com is now offline  (Read 957 times)

MrFulci

I notice Pcenginefx.com is now offline
« on: February 23, 2021, 12:07:03 PM »
I haven't posted here since the forum moved, but I figured I'd make one now since today, for some reason, i decided to check-out pcenginefx.com, to just load the site, it had been a while..... and it's gone! Looks like it totally went away at the end of last year. Anyone archive the site itself,? Nullity told me a few years ago when i visited the site, and found the forums locked, what happened there, and about this forum and Superpcenginefx forums, though this was the archive of the old forums from pcenginefx.com.

It's nice to see the forums archived. i spent a lot of time on the Pcenginefx.com forums and site years back. TZD.com gone, PCEnginefx.com gone... Looking around, i see a number of other sites are still around though, some not updated in years, a few 10+ years.

Pcenginefx.com's forums was where all the content and activity really was. the site itself saw sporadic updates here and there. It's something else to see the site completely gone, though!
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

gex

Re: I notice Pcenginefx.com is now offline
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 01:07:49 PM »
I haven't posted here since the forum moved, but I figured I'd make one now since today, for some reason, i decided to check-out pcenginefx.com, to just load the site, it had been a while..... and it's gone! Looks like it totally went away at the end of last year.

Hey what's up man, this is the archived site 8)

MrFulci

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 01:13:11 PM »
Yeah, I heard about this being the, "archived-but-active" site from Nullity a while back. When i found the PCEFX forums locked down, i guess 2018 or so, i asked him what was up, since I still had his e-mail and his site was around, then he filled me in that someone went wild, deleted stuff, Aaron shut it down. i took a break from the site back in 2015/2016, so I wasn't around for that mess.

Checking on some things today, i went to the old site, just to visit, not looking for the forums, it was more to visit, and see if anything was new there, and, yeah, something was new, it's gone, hahaha.  It's a small event, seeing a site I used to spend a lot of time at years back, "Wow, it's gone now". hahaha    PCEnginefx.com even hung in there for a while after locking down the forums.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 03:24:01 PM »
Yeah, I heard about this being the, "archived-but-active" site from Nullity a while back. When i found the PCEFX forums locked down, i guess 2018 or so, i asked him what was up, since I still had his e-mail and his site was around, then he filled me in that someone went wild, deleted stuff, Aaron shut it down. i took a break from the site back in 2015/2016, so I wasn't around for that mess.

Checking on some things today, i went to the old site, just to visit, not looking for the forums, it was more to visit, and see if anything was new there, and, yeah, something was new, it's gone, hahaha.  It's a small event, seeing a site I used to spend a lot of time at years back, "Wow, it's gone now". hahaha    PCEnginefx.com even hung in there for a while after locking down the forums.

You did miss a pretty gross mess... Here let me summarize.

Dark Kobold and Arkhan ruined everything.

The end.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 04:23:28 PM »
I don't know if anyone saved the non-forum part of the site.  Maybe wayback machine?

On a semi-related note, I miss PCECP.  It was super handy for searching and sorting by developer, number of players, etc.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Duo_R

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 09:07:25 PM »
LOL

I haven't posted here since the forum moved, but I figured I'd make one now since today, for some reason, i decided to check-out pcenginefx.com, to just load the site, it had been a while..... and it's gone! Looks like it totally went away at the end of last year.

Hey what's up man, this is the archived site 8)
Add my YouTube channel: http://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

xelement5x

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 09:54:14 PM »
I don't know if anyone saved the non-forum part of the site.  Maybe wayback machine?

On a semi-related note, I miss PCECP.  It was super handy for searching and sorting by developer, number of players, etc.

That was similar to PCEDaisakusen right?
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Duo_R

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 10:20:11 PM »
wait PCECP is gone?
Add my YouTube channel: http://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

xelement5x

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2021, 01:13:08 PM »
wait PCECP is gone?

Looks like it's still here, it's just way down at the bottom of links when I searched.
http://www.pcecp.com/

Makes sure you don't misspell either, or else you get a lot of links about the drug!
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2021, 08:19:19 PM »
Holy shit!  I'd swear that was dead for a time.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

DarkKobold

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2021, 06:45:45 PM »

You did miss a pretty gross mess... Here let me summarize.

Dark Kobold and Arkhan ruined everything.

The end.

LOL, you love me! You really love me!

Do you take no credit, Joshua the turbotrollX16?
Hey, you.

Black Tiger

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2021, 12:57:12 PM »

It's not technocally dead, it just doesn't really work any more. Unless it's finally been fixed.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

xelement5x

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2021, 10:42:23 PM »

It's not technocally dead, it just doesn't really work any more. Unless it's finally been fixed.

I guess you're right, I was able to get it to work if I used Google to search it and then put in the name, but then after getting to the right page the tabs still don't work.