Author Topic: Turbografx Lucite Display  (Read 509 times)

gex

Turbografx Lucite Display
« on: May 06, 2021, 10:52:16 PM »
Here's a Turbografx 16 "Lucite display" I just recently obtained.

According to my 90's retail binder, stores back in the day had a chance at buying stuff like this. Was also used in the early 90's CES shows. Surprised at its size, it's huge. Definitely looks smaller in pictures. Pretty excited to secure this guy, not likely the other promotional items shown in the retail binder will ever surface.

Gredler

Re: Turbografx Lucite Display
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 02:12:34 AM »
That's gorgeous way to display the system, congratulations!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 02:39:35 PM »
That's pretty sweet, but it needs a hook on the side from which to hang your neon gloves.   :pcgs:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

DarkKobold

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 07:11:26 PM »
Is there a cool story about how you tracked it down? This kinda thing doesn't just pop up on eBay.
Hey, you.

gex

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 08:54:40 PM »
That's pretty sweet, but it needs a hook on the side from which to hang your neon gloves.   :pcgs:

Wish I had those gloves, not sure they they're all coming out of Venezuela on eBay.

Is there a cool story about how you tracked it down? This kinda thing doesn't just pop up on eBay.

Yeah kind of. Member of the Video Game & Kiosks Facebook page posted finding this from his dads old video game store. He posted months prior with tons of crazy pictures of old Nintendo displays, lights, cardboard standee's ect. When he showed pictures of this lucite display he got a ton of interest, but wasn't ready to sell at the time. 6 months later following up and he was finally ready to part with it, only problem was he didn't ship. Found someone local to him I trusted, shipped him a plastic container /shipping label. 10 days later it arrived safely.

xelement5x

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2021, 10:08:45 PM »

Yeah kind of. Member of the Video Game & Kiosks Facebook page posted finding this from his dads old video game store. He posted months prior with tons of crazy pictures of old Nintendo displays, lights, cardboard standee's ect. When he showed pictures of this lucite display he got a ton of interest, but wasn't ready to sell at the time. 6 months later following up and he was finally ready to part with it, only problem was he didn't ship. Found someone local to him I trusted, shipped him a plastic container /shipping label. 10 days later it arrived safely.

That's so awesome!  Crazy devotion to getting a rare piece.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story