Author Topic: Werewolf movies..  (Read 740 times)

Sparky

Werewolf movies..
« on: June 07, 2021, 11:15:38 PM »
Hey friends, as much as I love my retro gaming I also love my horror movies especially werewolf flicks.

As crazy as it sounds I am tying to get them all on dvd or Blu-ray, and I thought I would ask my old friends here.
It’s a long shot as I have all the usual suspects movies.

These are the flicks I have left to get. It’s a watch list below but it’s the movies I need.
If anyone has any these let me know ( I do use eBay for these so no need to reference links there)

If anything have a look for the lulz. There are some beauty’s out there.

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur120849146/watchlist
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 11:25:37 PM by Sparky »

roflmao

Re: Werewolf movies..
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 10:33:45 PM »
Hey friends, as much as I love my retro gaming I also love my horror movies especially werewolf flicks.

As crazy as it sounds I am tying to get them all on dvd or Blu-ray, and I thought I would ask my old friends here.

These are the flicks I have left to get. It’s a watch list below but it’s the movies I need.
If anyone has any these let me know ( I do use eBay for these so no need to reference links there)

Cool! I don't have any of those. Have you seen Brotherhood of the Wolf? I think it came out in 2001 and was French, but has English sub-titles. It's pretty awesome, from what I remember.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 01:31:49 AM »
I have zero werewolf movies, but I have one werewolf book (fun fact: it was originally a calendar) that was made into a movie.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

xelement5x

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 12:01:34 PM »

Cool! I don't have any of those. Have you seen Brotherhood of the Wolf? I think it came out in 2001 and was French, but has English sub-titles. It's pretty awesome, from what I remember.

I love Brotherhood of the Wolf, saw it in theaters back when it came out and bought the DVD as soon as it was available.  Monica Belluci looks amazing in that film as well.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

roflmao

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 11:19:49 PM »
I love Brotherhood of the Wolf, saw it in theaters back when it came out and bought the DVD as soon as it was available.  Monica Belluci looks amazing in that film as well.

Yes. She. Does.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2021, 10:28:46 AM »
i love the metal band - Powerwolf. Does that count?

Also, on a new episode of Rick and Morty, they were watching a movie called "When Wolf" which was an interesting time-traveling concept.... ;)

Sparky

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2021, 02:35:10 AM »
Late back to my post, but getting old and forgetful.
Yes have a 2 disc dvd of brotherhood of the wolf and a Blu-ray was just released of it from scream factory.

Scream Factory releases and restores with usually a ton of extras these movie gems.
And oh ya, great flick :)

esteban

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2022, 10:44:11 PM »
SPARKY, comrade...

I'll have to think about it a bit more (I watch lots of silly/obscure/low budget horror/sci-fi)...

BUT...

When I was living in Los Angeles area, my friend brought me to a fun viewing of a werewolf film where there was Q&A with director and maybe 1-2 other people... It was probably 20 years ago? I don't think I saw it in the late 90's, I'm pretty sure it was early 2000's. Egyptian Theater in L.A. was probably one of the few showings (if any) it had in the U.S.

BRITISH COMMANDOS vs. Werewolf was basically the story... the director was hoping that SciFi channel (or equivalent) would pick it up.

Anyway, I thought it was OK for a very low-budget project, especially hearing the behind-the-scenes stories and creative problem-solving required on projects like this. I am very forgiving.

I'll have to try to find the actual title, because I've wanted to re-watch this every few years (when I suddenly am reminded of it).

----------

I remember watching:

WEREWOLF on Fox during the late 80's... I think it was on Sunday nights, so it was like "the last happiness of the weekend before going to bed for school" and... even though the show was formulaic, I thought the atmosphere was pretty good (hard to pull off with a TV show back then).

Over the summer I found some stuff on YouTube and it was totally fun watching Pilot and the first episode or so... but I forgot about it until now (I'm going to go back to it).

Again, this is primarily interesting to me because I can't remember much about this series, so I'm hoping to have a few moments of "OMG, I remember that!"

My mom and I watched this together, which is funny, because she is easily scared (she was super-scared of some of "The Howling" films, for example) back when we watched them in the 80's.

-----
  |    |