Author Topic: Pc Engine Duo R glitchy video  (Read 488 times)

Cerebrus92

Pc Engine Duo R glitchy video
« on: June 09, 2021, 08:43:09 PM »
Hey I just bought a Pc Engine Duo R and got it today. As soon as i plugged it in, my Pc Engine Duo R scart output was as the pictures below. I was wondering if its a cable issue or board issue. What do you think.

NewPCEngineFanatic

Re: Pc Engine Duo R glitchy video
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 04:01:03 PM »
There's a ton of potential factors here. It is RGB modded? It could be anything from the mod to the cable to the caps on the board(although Duo R's have much more reliable caps than the SMD caps on the Duo).

It's possible that the sync is set incorrectly, do you know if it is Csync or Composite sync?
I mod for games =) Feel free to message

Cerebrus92

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 04:57:59 PM »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/174788731839
Here's the listing. It is rgb modded with a full recap done. The seller had someone else mod it for him. The cable im using is the included scart cable in the listing.

NewPCEngineFanatic

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 05:08:34 PM »
Wow, this is going to be hard to figure out. Like I said, many variables... You paid a lot of money for this, you should contact the seller if you haven't already. Since someone did the recap/mod for him, it could be a result from the work that person did, like a broken trace or a poorly soldered capacitor. It could also be leftover corrosion that the person didnt clean off of a pad. It could be wrong sync, it could be the low-pass filter or a lack of a low-pass filter. It could have too high of a voltage over the scart cable. Could be a bad connection on an RGB related component of the mod.

A million variables.

Cerebrus92

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 05:11:02 PM »
Yeah I think I'll probably return it. The seller told me if this new scart cable I bought doesn't work he'll except a return. Thank you for the help.

NewPCEngineFanatic

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 11:36:00 PM »
No problem at all. If you need someone to mod a new system after the return, I mod for games =) You would have to pay for shipping but it could save you some money. Can probably get a console for much less than $500 and the RGB mod costs around $50 shipped.

The region mod is mostly unnecessary if you are going to get a turbo everdrive, just so you know(unless you are trying to play a physical hucard from another region). CD games are region-free, and the everdrive can play games from any region.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 07:02:55 AM by NewPCEngineFanatic »

Cerebrus92

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2021, 12:46:07 AM »
Naw its fine thank you though. Im the kinda guy that only plays games I own so i never use an everdrive so i needed the region mod. I have some soldering experience. I installed a rbg screen on my sega nomad and have been doing standard up keep with most of my console since its something you need to learn when your collecting. I popped open my pc engine and it looks absolutly fine. I'm hoping that the scart cable i was given was incorrect. My console is modded for C-sync and i think he gave me a cvbs cable.