Author Topic: PC Engine Duo RX grafics glitch  (Read 335 times)

Candé

PC Engine Duo RX grafics glitch
« on: June 15, 2021, 02:56:31 PM »
Hello everyone.

I have recently purchased PC Engine Duo RX, but it have some sort of grafical glitch. If I remember correctly it worked fine the first few time I tested my first game but then the bug started to show up.

In the photo linked you can see in Splatterhouse that some enemies have the wrong color displayed or are juste black. In R-type it is kinda the same but the background is affected too.
The console have an RGB mod but we checked again with the guy who did it and it seems OK.

From what I could read on this forum it seems to look like a RAM problem. Is there a way to confirm this? I would like some advice before trying to touch anything :)
Or it is something else, I don't too much about PC Engine.

I only have two Hu-card game so I couldn't see if it also affect the game on CD. I am trying to find one for test.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Candé

Keith Courage

Re: PC Engine Duo RX grafics glitch
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 05:59:25 PM »
Yeah, this is most likely being caused by bad ram. However, since you said all was good prior, you may get lucky and find that there are just bad solder joints on the ram chips or HU6270. Meaning, then it would just need to have solder flown on the pins instead of a complete chip replacement. Also, it wouldn't hurt to check the solder on the pins for the hu card slot. R and RX systems are known for needing to have various parts of the board re soldered.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 05:57:29 AM by Keith Courage »

Candé

Re: PC Engine Duo RX grafics glitch
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 01:27:54 PM »
Thank you for your answer.

I did'nt check for the pin of the Hucard reader. I will try to find some time to check this.

Thanks.