Author Topic: Game of the Month: October 2021 - Loom  (Read 867 times)

geise

Game of the Month: October 2021 - Loom
« on: October 01, 2021, 11:12:21 PM »
LOOM

I've always enjoyed the LucasArts point click adventure games and this one I was happy it got ported to the Turbo. I love the music in this game and really enjoy the redbook audio over the DOS/Amiga/ST and other ports. It's another game I haven't played through on the Turbo for quite some time. Years back I played the talkie pc port that had voice acting but it seemed that a lot of the other dialog was cut due to the voice work and space. It also got a steam port which is basically the same game. This version still has all the dialogue, awesome cd music, and I prefer the EGA graphics over the that version anyways. Plus it's on the Turbo so it's automatically better right? Enjoy!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Game of the Month: October 2021 - Loom
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 11:18:44 PM »
Awesome, I've not played this in a while.  I'm always down for a good point-n-clicky, even if it doesn't use the mouse.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Mr^Burns

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 05:23:10 AM »
http://steamreview.org/external/loom/

#fmtownsmasterrace

I would be great if one could just merge them all in ScummVM

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 02:42:03 PM »
omg, such a glorious game!!  I loved this port even without mouse support. Actually I just recently did a playthrough of this on SKUMMVM!  Figured I'd share it here!

https://youtu.be/pkPBHIE2s1g

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 08:40:30 PM »
   This is a new one for me, never got into the later point'n click games after Space Quest 3. I know I missed out of all the fun of Sam and Max along with Monkey Island but that was how it was. I'll try to give this one a go, but already I'm lost just s l o w l y walking from screen to screen looking for clues. At least I have a month the keep trying :)

PS, gamefaqs might be my goto just to experience more of the game.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 02:49:06 PM »
I tried...but it's not clicking with me. I did miss the part where the drafts change on every play and ended up floating on the log to the next area and NOT having the written down the "turn it green" note order. It did not seem I could get back, so I gave up. It's really s l o w when traversing, it might have been nice in the 90's when we had time to be immersed into a game, but I an't got time for that now.

I ended up playing Jackie Chan :)
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2021, 04:24:52 AM »
I played through 'er this weekend.  It's good fun, but it is rather slow and 'loady';  make sure you hit the options to speed up text, and you can turn off music and animations for more speed (not for me).

Too bad we didn't get a few more point and clicky games.  I love 'em!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

geise

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2021, 06:47:04 PM »
Nice on the clear necro! I finished as well this past month. It was fun, but it is a lot slower than the dos or mac version. I love the violence out of nowhere later on lol.