Author Topic: Console5's Composite mod PCB  (Read 584 times)

WaldoX

Console5's Composite mod PCB
« on: November 05, 2021, 06:34:46 PM »
Hey everyone, I am planning on doing a 3.5 LCD mod on my PC Engine GT (see thread).  I ordered the complete kit from Console5, and I have a question about the wiring guide for their PCB.

In the picture is says to lift & ground several pins of the video chip.  The description has more: "Note that analog ground pins 19, 25, 29, 32, 39 must be lifted & wired to ground on portable systems."

Does anyone have a picture of this?  Or even a lovely description of how you'd do it?  I'm just wondering what the best way to ground those pins is, given that they don't get connected to the PCB like other mods I've seen (the one that says "obey" on the PCB comes to mind).

Thanks!

WaldoX

Re: Console5's Composite mod PCB
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2021, 12:01:03 PM »
Well, I did find this post, which shows one example of how it was done, so thanks MasterofBiscuits!  If anyone else has any other examples or other thoughts on this I'd love to see/read them as well!  :-)

roflmao

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2021, 04:23:50 PM »
Awesome! Glad you figured it out.

Keith Courage

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2021, 08:07:42 PM »
Hard to see because it's under sticky tape.

I attached all points together using extra Capacitor leads. I do the grounding point work first, then sticky tape the composite board over them.

Bend all grounding pins up over the top of the Hu6260 chip.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 04:51:24 PM by Keith Courage »

WaldoX

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2021, 05:41:31 PM »
Thank you so much!  I didn't see your reply until just now!  My first soldering iron, a cheap chinese kit from Amazon, has started falling apart, so I'm waiting for a new one before I attempt this screen mod.