Author Topic: Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 2 translation  (Read 828 times)

Supper

Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 2 translation
« on: December 18, 2021, 08:59:02 AM »

Okay, so I know this series isn't everyone's cup of tea... or even most people's, probably... But I enjoyed working on the first game, and I know at least a few people were interested in seeing this one too, so oops, here's a translation of Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 2.

Download it here: http://stargood.org/trans/yuna2.php
Obligatory YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T7S_P1MNbY

Here's the story this time:
With the forces of darkness once again at bay, life seems to have returned to normal – or as close to normal as it gets for high school idol and galactic savior Yuna Kagurazaka. But trouble is brewing! After an unfortunate encounter with her self-proclaimed rival Erika Kousaka, Yuna accidentally summons a planet-destroying warship, the "Eternal Princess," to Earth. Now Yuna, partnering with mysterious android girl Yuri Cube, has scant days to try to take out the beacons guiding the ship before it arrives and annihilates the Earth, all while battling the deadly assassins of the "Erika 7." Is there any hope for the planet!?

Ginga Ojousama Densetsu Yuna 2: Eien no Princess (Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 2: The Eternal Princess) is a 1995 adventure game/visual novel for the PC-Engine Super CD-ROM² system, developed by Red Company and Will and published by Hudson Soft. The sequel to the original Galaxy Fraulein Yuna, it mostly follows in its predecessor's footsteps on a larger budget, with bigger and better visuals, full voice acting, and much more polish all around.

Basically, if you liked the first game, you'll probably like this one too! If you didn't, well... uh, sorry.

This time, aside from doing the hacking, I ended up mostly handling the translation myself, though I had a lot of help. In particular, this wouldn't have turned out nearly as well as it did without the help of Mafoo343 (translator for Yuna 1), who both translated the manual and unwittingly got sucked into helping me catch a bunch of errors in the script, and TheMajinZenki, who checked over the script and pointed out some things I really should have already known ("uh, you know 'Armania' is a parody of 'Armani', right?"). cccmar and Xanathis were also there to test the game as usual; props to both of you!

Hope you enjoy!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 2 translation
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 10:33:52 PM »
Holy smokes, you guys are awesome!  I'm looking forward to replaying these two and better understanding the story.  You rock!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

roflmao

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 05:40:32 PM »

Okay, so I know this series isn't everyone's cup of tea... or even most people's, probably... But I enjoyed working on the first game, and I know at least a few people were interested in seeing this one too, so oops, here's a translation of Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 2.

Awesome! I finished the first Yuna not too long ago and look forward to digging into this one. Thanks!

Alpha_Nerd

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 10:04:03 PM »

Download it here: http://stargood.org/trans/yuna2.php
Obligatory YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T7S_P1MNbY

Here's the story this time:
With the forces of darkness once again at bay, life seems to have returned to normal – or as close to normal as it gets for high school idol and galactic savior Yuna Kagurazaka. But trouble is brewing! After an unfortunate encounter with her self-proclaimed rival Erika Kousaka, Yuna accidentally summons a planet-destroying warship, the "Eternal Princess," to Earth. Now Yuna, partnering with mysterious android girl Yuri Cube, has scant days to try to take out the beacons guiding the ship before it arrives and annihilates the Earth, all while battling the deadly assassins of the "Erika 7." Is there any hope for the planet!?

Ginga Ojousama Densetsu Yuna 2: Eien no Princess (Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 2: The Eternal Princess) is a 1995 adventure game/visual novel for the PC-Engine Super CD-ROM² system, developed by Red Company and Will and published by Hudson Soft. The sequel to the original Galaxy Fraulein Yuna, it mostly follows in its predecessor's footsteps on a larger budget, with bigger and better visuals, full voice acting, and much more polish all around.

Basically, if you liked the first game, you'll probably like this one too! If you didn't, well... uh, sorry.

This time, aside from doing the hacking, I ended up mostly handling the translation myself, though I had a lot of help. In particular, this wouldn't have turned out nearly as well as it did without the help of Mafoo343 (translator for Yuna 1), who both translated the manual and unwittingly got sucked into helping me catch a bunch of errors in the script, and TheMajinZenki, who checked over the script and pointed out some things I really should have already known ("uh, you know 'Armania' is a parody of 'Armani', right?"). cccmar and Xanathis were also there to test the game as usual; props to both of you!

Hope you enjoy!

Will Necromancer ever be finished? Any plans for the Far East of Eden series? For years all these YouTube panhandlers are talking about them like they are the best things since sliced bread yet nobody attempted to translate them.

Escaeva

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2022, 07:54:54 AM »
Wow this is so amazing thank you so much for your hard work!!!!  :boom: :boom:

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2022, 01:31:01 PM »
Holy shit, I'm so SOOO far behind on this!  I have a copy of Yuna 1, but never even knew about the translation project for #2!  WOW!! Thank you so much for your hard work!!

Gotta play these both someday!  You rock!!