Author Topic: PC Engine GT Replacement HuCard Board Being Made!  (Read 386 times)

xelement5x

PC Engine GT Replacement HuCard Board Being Made!
« on: June 03, 2022, 09:21:14 PM »
@PointerFunction on Twitter was repairing his PCE GT and wound up making a replacement board for the cartridge slot that has region switching built in!

https://twitter.com/PointerFunction/status/1532309894166093830?s=20&t=YgOCejsTOGfAlqtQ0bUKqA

Super cool stuff!  It looks like he will be doing some testing on it first and then open source releasing the design.  Unfortunately there's no easy source for HuCard slots right now though.

Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: PC Engine GT Replacement HuCard Board Being Made!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2022, 09:20:48 PM »
That's pretty bad ass, but it's too bad that they can't get sockets easily.  Someone made them for the retron thingy and retroblow, so I'm surprised they're not on Alibaba already.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

MasterofBiscuits

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 02:22:04 PM »
Somebody here is doing the same thing: https://www.pcenginefans.com/forum/index.php?topic=23695.0

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2022, 11:56:50 PM »
Well, fuck, I'm slowtarded.  That's even better, seeing as it's "local" and sports a bonk and a bee.   :pcgs:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

MuNaught

• Sic itur ad astra
    • Kytor Industries
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 09:48:56 AM »
I reached out to PointerFunction and shared my design for the no-cut region free switching circuit.

He plans to open source his design, and I will probably do the same at some point down the road.

These products are so niche with such a tiny market and use case, keeping the design closed means it will eventually just be lost to time.
Sic itur ad astra

xelement5x

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2022, 11:21:21 AM »
Somebody here is doing the same thing: https://www.pcenginefans.com/forum/index.php?topic=23695.0

Well, I suppose I should search before I post  :-[

I reached out to PointerFunction and shared my design for the no-cut region free switching circuit.

He plans to open source his design, and I will probably do the same at some point down the road.

These products are so niche with such a tiny market and use case, keeping the design closed means it will eventually just be lost to time.

This looks really awesome with the switchless functionality instead!  Just followed on Twitter, I like the products you are designing, they fit specific use cases and look really nice.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story