Author Topic: Game of the Month: October 2022 - Kaze Kiri Ninja Action 風霧  (Read 443 times)

geise

Game of the Month: October 2022 - Kaze Kiri Ninja Action 風霧
« on: October 02, 2022, 08:48:23 PM »
KAZE KIRI
NINJA ACTION

風霧

Got this around it's initial release from a local game store. It's a decent action game. The controls take a bit to get used to, but I always enjoy the game even if it does get a tad repetitive. The cutscenes and music though are really good and helps keep me going. Trying to clear this one since it's been a while. I have been wanting a good action game and this one should do well for the month. Hope you all enjoy it.

geise

Re: Game of the Month: October 2022 - Kaze Kiri Ninja Action 風霧
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 07:19:43 PM »
So I see this game is taking off this month. Lol! It's been a while but I got about half way through. I will be giving this one some proper time this week.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 08:51:02 PM »
Fuck, I'm falling behind!  I'll be burning an iso soon and getting in some play time.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2022, 09:25:31 AM »
The game is a slick looking one but something seems off on play mechanics. It seems sparse, but that could be the theme of the time period (no items or power ups?). I did have some frustration with player movement and combat (does the jump down kick to anything good other than putting away the tiger?). I think it was rushed to finish being near the end of the PCE's life. If it was a ~$50 game, I might entertain getting a copy but I'll let the Collectors keep bidding it up. I'd rather get a Schbibinman game.

Glad I could finally put some time in it to get a good personal view of it. Thanks.

PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

seieienbu

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2022, 01:01:45 AM »
This game reminds me of Legend of Kage, if it was also way cooler than Ninja Gaiden.  Does that make sense?  Either way, it's got cool movement options, and is tons of fun to play.  ...for a couple of levels.  It seems to get repetitive before too long; I've never beaten it and that streak continues tonight.  Not worth the price of admission, but good for a lark until I get tired of it.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

geise

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2022, 07:49:55 PM »
The play mechanics do take some getting used to, but it starts to click after a bit. I haven't played it a ton but I've been close to the end a few times. I definitely love the style of the game.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2022, 08:04:34 PM »
Close to the end?!?  Man, I suck.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles