Author Topic: Game of the Month: November 2022 - Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu  (Read 374 times)

geise

Game of the Month: November 2022 - Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu
« on: November 05, 2022, 11:46:15 PM »
JACKIE CHAN'S ACTION KUNG FU

OK. So, here's a game that is pretty damn good. At the same time I have never given this game much attention. No idea why. Probably to much other stuff to play. Anyways this is late and I'm busy as shit this month so I need a game that's not a time sinker. I wanted another action game so here we go. Lol! Time to get your Kung Fu on. Hope you enjoy.

seieienbu

Re: Game of the Month: November 2022 - Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 12:38:15 AM »
This is one of my favorite Turbo games.  It's bright, colorful, fun, and it sounds great too.  I've beaten it many times.  I've only got one complaint about it:  my copy died maybe 10 years ago or so.

I've got dozens of games that I would have rather have lost than Jackie Chan.  I think I have around 4 Keith Courage hueys and a few spare TV Sports games from when those titles were $2 in case.  All of them work.  JC though?  I guess he fell off a cloud and got eaten by a tiger.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2022, 02:01:04 AM »
Oooh, this is a game that I never really invested all that much time into!  I will do my best to pop some time off into it!!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2022, 09:21:28 AM »
Another good choice for GotM.  I've not spent a ton of time with it, but I'll get a chance this month!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2022, 02:00:26 PM »
I haven't played this game in a billion years. I was surprised by the music... when I played it, I guess I wasn't paying attention, and particularly remember any songs.  Then, later, listening just to choi-tunes... I noticed that some Jackie Chan tracks are great and I'm like "why didn't I notice these tunes when I was playing?"

I have to play this... hopefully soon.
  |    | 

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2022, 10:44:06 AM »
Solid choice for this month. I do play it a lot, but I do not think I ever got a clear. If I remember, it does not have unlimited continues.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2022, 08:50:17 AM »
Got a couple hours in last night. Still no clear, but limited continues will do that. Got to the 4th stage boss (the pink yokai?) after a good run on the earlier stages and figuring out a grind spot for milking extra lives at the beginning of stage 3. I'll be back for more, I'd love to get a credit roll and being GotM gives me the extra drive I feel I need.

I enjoy the game and LOVE the theme, but it's no Bonk. It's on par with Kato and Ken but at least doesn't have the seemingly random toss backs to earlier levels it has. Not as good looking as New Adventure Island but offers more game mechanics.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

geise

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2022, 08:44:21 PM »
Got a couple hours in last night. Still no clear, but limited continues will do that. Got to the 4th stage boss (the pink yokai?) after a good run on the earlier stages and figuring out a grind spot for milking extra lives at the beginning of stage 3. I'll be back for more, I'd love to get a credit roll and being GotM gives me the extra drive I feel I need.

I enjoy the game and LOVE the theme, but it's no Bonk. It's on par with Kato and Ken but at least doesn't have the seemingly random toss backs to earlier levels it has. Not as good looking as New Adventure Island but offers more game mechanics.

You got to where I did. I didn't get a ton of play time. I do enjoy the game mechanics. I think the graphics are pretty good. It plays really well too.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2022, 01:15:34 AM »
You two made it further than I managed.  I like the game (it looks and plays nicely enough) but those damn tigers fuck me up every time.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles