Author Topic: Hello I am new here! This is kind of a introduction post lol  (Read 391 times)

xDarunia

Hello I am new here! This is kind of a introduction post lol
« on: November 16, 2022, 04:06:24 AM »
Hello everyone,

I am new to the PC-Engine fandom and I sort of discovered this forum. The console seems cool, I only had a Super Nintendo growing up and I never even heard of the TurboGrafx-16 until much later in life. I was pretty young when I had the SNES so that is why I never heard of the TurboGrafx. I really like the PC-Engines library, it has some cool exclusives like Castlevania Dracula X Rondo of Blood and a ton of great shooters and a amazing port of Y's. Hopefully I can get along with everyone here lol.  :bonkthis:

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
Re: Hello I am new here! This is kind of a introduction post lol
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 12:18:32 PM »
... I only had a Super Nintendo growing up and I never even heard of the TurboGrafx-16 until much later in life.
We'll forgive you, now that you have found the way. Enjoy the new(to you) library and obey on!

I assume you did not purchase your SNES...I'm sure your parental unit didn't even have an option to choose the TG-16 when they picked up the SNES. Are you planning to emulate or did you dive in with hardware, flashcard and a stack of CD-R's?
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

gex

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 12:48:02 PM »
Fk yeah, welcome. The SNES is fantastic, myself i've been so enveloped by the Turbografx 16 library/imports I haven't touched my Super Nintendo in years. Almost forgot how many A+ games the system has. Think the last time my girlfriend and I played through Chrono Trigger in 2020.

Are you planning to emulate or did you dive in with hardware, flashcard and a stack of CD-R's?

Fingers crossed he chooses the 3rd unmentioned option  :lol:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 12:51:57 PM by gex »

xDarunia

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 05:37:36 PM »
Are you planning to emulate or did you dive in with hardware, flashcard and a stack of CD-R's?

I do own a PC Engine Duo that I imported from Japan, but the console does not work and I do own games for the console. I own quite a few games for it but the ones I will list for now are castlevania rondo of  blood, winds of thunder, and cotton. I think for now I will be emulating games from that platform until I get a working pc-engine or somehow fix my black pc engine duo.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2022, 07:29:07 PM »
Welcome aboard!  There's a couple of guys here that offer repair services and/or advice if you want to try fixing it yourself, so I'm sure you can get 'er set to rights.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2022, 03:09:21 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am new to the PC-Engine fandom and I sort of discovered this forum. The console seems cool, I only had a Super Nintendo growing up and I never even heard of the TurboGrafx-16 until much later in life. I was pretty young when I had the SNES so that is why I never heard of the TurboGrafx. I really like the PC-Engines library, it has some cool exclusives like Castlevania Dracula X Rondo of Blood and a ton of great shooters and a amazing port of Y's. Hopefully I can get along with everyone here lol.  :bonkthis:

Welcome to the loonY's Bin! ;)

esteban

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2022, 11:12:16 PM »

I do own a PC Engine Duo that I imported from Japan, but the console does not work and I do own games for the console. I own quite a few games for it but the ones I will list for now are castlevania rondo of  blood, winds of thunder, and cotton. I think for now I will be emulating games from that platform until I get a working pc-engine or somehow fix my black pc engine duo.

Feel free to update us on anything you play...

BEUCZ... PCE.

ALSO: Welcome to the forums. :)
  |    |