Author Topic: Anyone talk about the TGmini here?  (Read 281 times)

420bitgames

Anyone talk about the TGmini here?
« on: November 27, 2022, 02:57:14 PM »
Hello I am looking for hacking info that I can understand to add games to my tg16 mini. I searched but didn’t find anything about it. It’s been a while since I posted but wanted to say hello. I sold all my original stuff since I was going hard on cars. But past year I’ve accumulated a TG16 mini, neo geo mini, nes, snes, n64 , GameCube, sega Genesis, Saturn, Sega cd, Dreamcast, 2600, ps1 &2 . Been busy finding them and fixing them. Used to be 420goat. Thanks !

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Anyone talk about the TGmini here?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2022, 11:05:38 PM »
I have a mini but don't use it a whole lot.  I know nothing about modding one.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 10:08:19 AM »
Rumor is that b/c the TG/PCE mini does not have a physical reset button, the hack/mod to basically turn it into a raspberry pi (Hakchi?) is more of a challenge and the creator felt it's not worth the risk of damage to console for the "casual" user to install. Something about soldiering a reset switch to the motherboard. I could be totally wrong, but when I was searching last year, that was my take away.

I did want to have an all-in-one little obey mini to take on the road w/ me for a while but realized the mod and setup would be prolly more fun than actually using it. My freebee old Dell laptop running Batocera fulfils my EMU needs.

On a side note, can't a hacked Genesis/MD mini play TG/PCE games? I know it's sacrilege to even say...
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

420bitgames

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 12:01:23 PM »
Hmm that’s too bad. I saw that Hikachi video and it’s too technical for my goldfish brain. With the crazy values on these I wonder if I can find a trade for an original system so I can run a flash cart?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 12:06:25 PM by 420bitgames »