Author Topic: Game of the Month: December 2022 - Hany in the Sky  (Read 369 times)

geise

Game of the Month: December 2022 - Hany in the Sky
« on: December 06, 2022, 08:57:19 PM »
HANY IN THE SKY

A shooter to wrap up the year. I'm sure most of us will be busy so this is a quick pick up and play game. Also it doesn't help I'm posting this 6 days into the month. My apologies. I've liked this game and Hany on the Road. It's been a good long while since I've played this one. Years even. It takes some getting used to with the way you shoot, but after some practice it gets better. Not as straight forward as the Soldier series. To me it's still a solid game with the best character on the pc-engine. Have fun guys and a happy holidays!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Game of the Month: December 2022 - Hany in the Sky
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 01:17:05 AM »
The aiming mechanic is tough for my fumble fingers, but I'm down for some shewty fun.  Flying dildo to the rescue!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 07:36:01 PM »
I never gave Hani much time because of the odd play mechanic with the directional shooting. Last week I put a couple hours in it and got a got a better feel for the game. Learning about the shop helped :) I've been enjoying it and hope to have more time with it next week. Another fun choice geise!
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

cabbage

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2022, 01:46:49 AM »
Just a friendly reminder that the english translation patch also adds support for 3 button controllers so you can rotate the shot both directions. You can download the patch from https://pce.cabbage.cx

I hated this game at first but enjoyed it once I figured out the shop (and with the 3 button patch)
Will give it another playthrough this month for sure!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2022, 02:56:20 AM »
The patch definitely helps, but I still suck and can't get past the first boss.  More practice is needed!   :pcgs:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2022, 11:36:34 PM »
I technically have a few days of December left to play this.

I moved over the summer and still haven't unpacked... but I will try to find this HuCARD.

Basically, whatever I was playing in JULY = the same stuff I'm playing now. ~8-10 games that were never packed up.
  |    | 

geise

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2022, 09:05:00 PM »
I technically have a few days of December left to play this.

I moved over the summer and still haven't unpacked... but I will try to find this HuCARD.

Basically, whatever I was playing in JULY = the same stuff I'm playing now. ~8-10 games that were never packed up.
I gave Hany a few goes today. Level 4 I can get to without continuing. It is taking me a bit to get used to the controls again. It's still a pretty decent shooter.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2022, 08:45:24 AM »
The 3-button translated ROM hack adds a little more playability and I was able to get to the final boss. Having fun with this one this month! It's a little like "Kato and Ken the shooter" with its Japanese cultural refences that are lost on my ass. The music is growing on me, and I find myself enjoying it more and more with every play.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"