Author Topic: Turbografx 16 Kiosk  (Read 262 times)

gex

Turbografx 16 Kiosk
« on: January 31, 2023, 08:07:03 PM »
Did not think these existed, thought for sure they were re-imagined and made into the ones Toys-R-Us used. Only known picture of one actually existing at a retail store. Found in Andy Cunningham's book The World Of Nintendo Book. Underneath is a picture from a retailer catalogue binders I own.

Anyone know someone who owns one of these? Message me here or on my other social media accounts.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 08:09:07 PM by gex »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Turbografx 16 Kiosk
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 10:22:36 PM »
I don't know what the heck is do with 'em, but they sure would be sweet to have.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

xelement5x

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 11:21:56 AM »
This is pretty interesting, seems so short though for a kiosk.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

gex

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 02:01:05 PM »
I don't know what the heck is do with 'em, but they sure would be sweet to have.

Don't know what i'd do with it either, for me it's just finding promotional material, it's neat having the retailer catalogues and finding these items that somehow survived 30 years.

This is pretty interesting, seems so short though for a kiosk.

Right ?! Seems like either an oversight, or they specifically made this for kids. However, my Toys R Us kiosk stands at 7ft tall. So I'd guess an oversight from NEC

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2023, 07:17:35 PM »
It's the same height as the lozier, so maybe intentionally short to not block sightlines?  Still, they could've used a larger TV and not set it so far back.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

MrFulci

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2023, 02:21:50 AM »
I recall seeing both a playable TG-16 kiosk, and a display only demonstration unit. The demonstration unit I was was probably the one shown in this thread. I recall seeing it at Children's Palace. I recall that video game section at Children's Palace. Either that same day, or another day, I was browsing the video game tickets at that store and a man shopping in the store was browsing the NES games, he asked if I had played Iron Sword and if it was a good game. H was getting a gift for some family member. I said, "Yeah, I actually have it at home. I like it". And so on. The guy bought the game.

The playable kiosk I recall from Toys-R-Us. It was a playable Duo. It had a selection of games on it, I'm pretty sure it was just running the Gate of Thunder 3-in-1 CD.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".