Author Topic: This guy created his own vintage-style home console and it looks oddly familiar  (Read 422 times)

roflmao

This guy created his own vintage-style home console and it looks oddly familiar.  :pcgs:

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Interesting, but why ape the turbob but not mention it at all?  Did he think nobody would notice?

Also, he should look into body filler.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
I haven't watched the entire vid yet, but I'd assume the laptop mobo base decided a lot of the design. I'm sure YT comments section will chime in with the TG-16 likeness :)
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

roflmao

I haven't watched the entire vid yet, but I'd assume the laptop mobo base decided a lot of the design. I'm sure YT comments section will chime in with the TG-16 likeness :)

Yeah, it seems heavily modeled off the laptop mobo. There are some comments in the video now that reference the TG16/PCE, but he I haven't seen any messages from the video creator explaining why he chose that form over other, more popular, vintage consoles.

Gentlegamer

Yeah, it seems heavily modeled off the laptop mobo.

This reminds me of the fake "Coleco Chameleon" in a transparent Jaguar shell with a video card inside.