Author Topic: I made a game  (Read 504 times)

audreyhepburn

I made a game
« on: November 08, 2023, 09:38:03 AM »
Hello all, forgive the self promotion but I've been working on a game for nearly three years and it's called Strife Sisters. It's a squad based strategy rpg about two sisters who have to save their father from the evil knight Zaladin. I have some info about it up at strifesisters.com but not too much since I kinda suck at web stuff. I do have a video up on youtube if you wanna see some gameplay and I'll have an updated demo on the website by friday. I am selling preorders for the game so I can afford the materials but I'll also be selling the rom only when the game releases in early december. Also, if you're having trouble affording the game you can dm me and I'll give you the rom when it releases.

Would love to hear anyone's feedback. Thanks!

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
Re: I made a game
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2023, 11:07:03 AM »
We met at SEGE this year. Glad you could join the community here. Awesome to hear you're to the point of pre-orders, sounds like you're about to the finish line after three years.

To make it easy for the readers: https://shop.strifesisters.com/
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

audreyhepburn

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2023, 11:55:23 AM »
Hey dude, really enjoyed chatting with you at SEGE and hope we can do it again. I'm trying to get a space at Playthrough so hopefully I'll get to see you there too!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2023, 01:39:28 AM »
From playing the demo, it's pretty darn good and a fine addition to the turbob homebrew roster.  The art is very well done (colorful and cute) and the game play quite fun;  I look forward to playing the complete game!

When do you expect to be shipping them?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

audreyhepburn

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2023, 08:05:09 AM »
Thanks for the kind words NECromancer! It really means a lot to me when people say they enjoy playing it. Shipments will start early December. The game is done other than a lot of thorough lay testing and balance tweaking. I'm just waiting on materials to arrive so I can package everything up!

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2023, 08:08:49 AM »
Thanks for the kind words NECromancer! It really means a lot to me when people say they enjoy playing it. Shipments will start early December. The game is done other than a lot of thorough lay testing and balance tweaking. I'm just waiting on materials to arrive so I can package everything up!

This is such cool news!!  Another holiday season and another NEW turbo game!!?!?  I ordered and cannot wait!!

audreyhepburn

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2023, 03:55:04 PM »

This is such cool news!!  Another holiday season and another NEW turbo game!!?!?  I ordered and cannot wait!!

Thank you! I really appreciate the support. I hope enjoy it!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2023, 04:50:22 PM »
I just got my copy, and it's bad ass!  The case is interesting and really hugs the huey tight.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2023, 11:43:18 AM »
Got my copy, but haven't had a lot of time to put into it (it's a busy time of year). I had great hopes of logging in some hours over the week while I was at an event but the hotel TV was hella crap and detracted from the overall experience. 

I do not have a full review but the lack of save is kinda...well, makes it's an extra challenge. Also, the Analogue Duo does play it but no save state function it seems. I digging what I have played of it. Setting up the formations and chars is great resource management. Music is great too!

audreyhepburn

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2023, 07:01:25 PM »
I appreciate you guys giving feedback on the game and I'm glad you're (mostly) enjoying it. I hope to address the save thing in the future and knew it would kinda bite me in the butt. I had a youtuber who is going to be posting a review video soonish tell me it would have been in his top ten games of the year if it had the ability to save or a password system :-[ Oops. Hoping to be able to learn from this when making games in the future.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2023, 12:12:50 PM »
Starting off the new year with a clear...

3 Dancers in the middle are pretty top teir. Always have a Cleric on the back row...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 11:15:03 AM by majors »

audreyhepburn

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2024, 10:41:47 AM »
Starting off the new year with a clear...

3 Dancers in the middle are pretty top teir. Always have a Cleric on the back row...

Nice dude!!! As far as I know, you're the first person (besides me) who has beaten the game!!!

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2024, 10:05:50 AM »
Nice dude!!! As far as I know, you're the first person (besides me) who has beaten the game!!!
Well, I did leave on the Analogue Duo for 4 days :) That's something I'd never do with real obey hardware (overheating).

Do you know if running the ROM on an emulation setup allows for save states? I'd assume it would, and that would def help out on the lack of saving progress.

Now we all need to look for cheats and easter eggs!