Author Topic: Newbie Broken DUO-R Graphics glitch  (Read 203 times)

satans_creation

Newbie Broken DUO-R Graphics glitch
« on: November 21, 2023, 08:56:59 AM »
I am new here with a problem straight away so sorry in advance. I got all excited when the chance to buy a duo-r came up but described as Junk, I quickly bought it with fingers crossed it was not a bad egg

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this or help

It powers on and game loads from hucard and CD as it should with music but the display is all wrong

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Yoo4iCyGQHdRGkQo9

Apart from a couple of crusty legs on the IC904 pins 17 and 18 all seems fine (checked with multimeter and they do to where they should)

Many Thanx Shane

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
Re: Newbie Broken DUO-R Graphics glitch
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2023, 11:48:16 AM »
Did it ship from Fukushima?

Smarter ppl will chime in, but looks like bad video ram to me.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

satans_creation

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2023, 05:04:24 PM »
Yeah I imported it from Japan

Well turns out to be rather simple the corrosion on the 2 legs seemed minimal and the small amount of pressure when checking with a multimeter made contact but not a good connection so 2 small jumper wires to the huc6270.

Hey presto it works

So happy and have been playing some amazing games, I am really suprised how good some are so it's a real shame we did not have this system back in the day in good old England

Keith Courage

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2024, 05:57:52 AM »
I've been coming across more DUO-R and RX systems with corroded chip pins. Glad you were able to fix yours. I think the Hucard surround is rusting/corroding and then it spreads to the Hu6270 or even HU6280 chips below. A new issue to look out for. Probably just more of a thing to worry about if it has been in a humid climate for a long period of time.