Author Topic: Game of the Month: January 2024 - Far East of Eden: Tengai Makyou: Ziria  (Read 291 times)

geise

Far East of Eden: Tengai Makyou: Ziria

I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and New Year and is ready to start it off with more Turbo! Ziria is this month! It is (apparently) one of the first RPG's to be made on CD-Rom. The game is somewhat taken from Japanese folklore that centers around Jiraiya.  It just got translated and is definitely the reason for it being  this month. This is a little late but hopefully most will have time to at least get through most of it this month. Hope you all enjoy!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 02:44:58 PM by geise »

audreyhepburn

Re: Game of the Month: January 2024 - Far East of Eden: Tengai Makyou: Ziria
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 03:05:26 PM »
Obvious, but very good choice. Might have to give this one a go!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2024, 07:51:58 PM »
Damn, I'm so far behind on finishing games.  This'll be a fun one to finally tackle, now that it's patched.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2024, 09:59:54 AM »
Definitely want to get some play time on this one since it being such an iconic PCE series. I already have it loaded on my little Chinese handheld so I should have no excuse to not play! At least if we get folks playing (I think ROLF already is deep in it), we can ask each other if we get stuck ...just like the we all did in grade school while on recess.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

roflmao

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2024, 10:37:19 PM »
Nice! I started playing this a few weeks ago and have gotten hung up a couple of times, but I'm still slowly plugging away, haha. I don't know how long this game is, but I feel like I'm only about a third of the way through (I think I still need to find two other Fire Heroes and add them to my party and it took awhile to unlock the first one).

I highly recommend this FAQ if you get stuck: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/mobile/924660-tengai-makyou-ziria/faqs/19108

Even with this guide, navigating the Shiragawa Castle was a pain and I had to resort to Youtube to figure out part of the maze. But I made it through tonight so look forward to moving the story forward soon. Looks like I'll be working from home tomorrow due to snow, so hopefully I'll get to play some between work stuff.  :pcgs:

Naniyue

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2024, 04:33:30 PM »
In all honesty, I'm taking my time with this one.  I got burned out on JRPGs many years ago, but still play one once in a while.  So yeah, this is my next one.

roflmao

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2024, 09:16:13 PM »
I'm still plugging away at Ziria. I'm really impressed with how colorful and detailed the graphics are, especially the cutscenes, considering it was the first RPG to be released on CD for the console.

I don't think I'll have this one finished by the end of the month, but I plan on finishing it.

Naniyue

I still haven't finished the first area!  I just get worn out on JRPGs easily nowadays.  However, I DO like the presentation of this game, and intend to beat it sooner or later, by hook or by crook.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
Finally getting around to this one (Far East of Eden). In the second "area", level 15...grinding away. It feels like a Dragon Quest but with great cut scenes and voice. Been pretty linear so far, but's it's still early in the game, still have 10 more demon lords to defeat!  It's easy to play on a handheld while watching TV with the lady on the couch (while she looks at her Instagram).
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"