Author Topic: PC Engine Screen-shot quiz  (Read 61337 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: PC Engine Screen-shot quiz
« Reply #1470 on: June 02, 2009, 08:08:53 AM »
Grasping at straws here, but how about Sol Bianca or Nekketsu Legend Baseball?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

blueraven

« Reply #1471 on: June 02, 2009, 08:23:05 AM »
 :-k
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #1472 on: June 02, 2009, 11:34:10 AM »
Necromancer finally gotted it!

Is sol bianca!

>_<
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Black Tiger

« Reply #1473 on: June 02, 2009, 12:27:35 PM »
The non-fantasy hint threw me off. #-o
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #1474 on: June 02, 2009, 05:49:25 PM »
The non-fantasy hint threw me off. #-o

its not fantasy! its sci fi!

O_O

Zeon

« Reply #1475 on: June 02, 2009, 05:58:16 PM »

Is sol bianca!

>_<

I think it should be decreed that Arkhan is no longer allowed to play, aside from making guesses.  :P

Could you have picked a more generic rpg, or more importantly, could you have picked a more generic place to grab a small sample of pixels from?  If you wanted to take a snap of Sol Bianca, why in a generic grassy field, (a quickly forgettable place in almost any rpg) that for even those that played are not likely to recall.

Is it any wonder why the reason anyone got it was through process of elimination and some wild guesses? The point was to take a snap of something RECOGNIZABLE without the need of hints, and to provide (good) hints if people were having trouble remembering. In most of the previous examples the snap was instantly recognized by many (ie that looks "familiar") but it took awhile for people to remember exactly which game it came from. In you example, NOTHING was recognizable about it. People had to rely almost 100% on your beating around the bush hints. It's no fun when you do it that way.

nectarsis

« Reply #1476 on: June 02, 2009, 06:08:57 PM »

Is sol bianca!

>_<

I think it should be decreed that Arkhan is no longer allowed to play, aside from making guesses.  :P

Could you have picked a more generic rpg, or more importantly, could you have picked a more generic place to grab a small sample of pixels from?  If you wanted to take a snap of Sol Bianca, why in a generic grassy field, (a quickly forgettable place in almost any rpg) that for even those that played are not likely to recall.

Is it any wonder why the reason anyone got it was through process of elimination and some wild guesses? The point was to take a snap of something RECOGNIZABLE without the need of hints, and to provide (good) hints if people were having trouble remembering. In most of the previous examples the snap was instantly recognized by many (ie that looks "familiar") but it took awhile for people to remember exactly which game it came from. In you example, NOTHING was recognizable about it. People had to rely almost 100% on your beating around the bush hints. It's no fun when you do it that way.

lol have you actually LOOKED at some of the previous posts, more than a few vague (or worse) ideas to guess at.

And "generic rpg?? Coming form the guy who's allergic to rpg's in japanese, thats ironic...ever even play any of it?
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Zeon

« Reply #1477 on: June 02, 2009, 06:17:15 PM »

Is sol bianca!

>_<

lol have you actually LOOKED at some of the previous posts, more than a few vague (or worse) ideas to guess at.

And "generic rpg?? Coming form the guy who's allergic to rpg's in japanese, thats ironic...ever even play any of it?

Yes I have looked nec, though vague many were, at least they didn't drag their feet with hints (in this case enlarging the picture was not helpful in any way) and they still managed to have something identifiable about them, tell me what was identifiable about Ark's original pic or expansions? I still say up to the full shot it could have been any number of games.

nectarsis

« Reply #1478 on: June 02, 2009, 06:22:32 PM »

Is sol bianca!

>_<

Yes I have looked nec, though vague many were, at least they didn't drag their feet with hints (in this case enlarging the picture was not helpful in any way) and they still managed to have something identifiable about them, tell me what was identifiable about Ark's original pic or expansions? I still say up to the full shot it could have been any number of games.

Yes the hints were crappy at best, but some peeps have figured it out with less;

Yet you ignore the part of my post pointing out:

And "generic rpg?? Coming form the guy who's allergic to rpg's in japanese, thats ironic...ever even play any of it?....posting about a game you know virtually nothing about :P
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 06:41:48 PM by nectarsis »
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Zeon

« Reply #1479 on: June 02, 2009, 07:15:26 PM »

Is sol bianca!

>_<

Yes the hints were crappy at best, but some peeps have figured it out with less;

Yet you ignore the part of my post pointing out:

And "generic rpg?? Coming form the guy who's allergic to rpg's in japanese, thats ironic...ever even play any of it?....posting about a game you know virtually nothing about :P

Perhaps I should have said generic screenshot that came from what looks like a generic rpg. I can think of many other rpgs I have played or seen screenshots of that look far too similar to this one: ie grassy field with mountains and a town. I only meant generic in the way the game is portrayed in this single snapshot. That doesn't necessarily mean it IS generic, but I certainly don't have high hopes. :P

blueraven

« Reply #1480 on: June 02, 2009, 08:13:28 PM »
So its Necromancers turn, right?

I don't think banning someone for stumping everyone is a good idea.

I mean it was annoying and the hints were a little off (Just the one about it not being fantasy) but it was good show, Arkhan. So on to the next one eh?  :mrgreen:
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Zeon

« Reply #1481 on: June 02, 2009, 08:35:19 PM »
So its Necromancers turn, right?

I don't think banning someone for stumping everyone is a good idea.

I mean it was annoying and the hints were a little off (Just the one about it not being fantasy) but it was good show, Arkhan. So on to the next one eh?  :mrgreen:

Lol I wasn't serious....or was I?!  :twisted:

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1482 on: June 02, 2009, 09:07:11 PM »
So should I ban him?  I can even ban his IP and make it so he can't even see the forums.  I will also ban him from Sega-16 and the-magicbox.com just for good measure.  Or not.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #1483 on: June 02, 2009, 09:16:39 PM »
No offense Zeon, and possibly anyone else....

its a "quiz"! #-o  That was kind of the point.  I clipped the picture so it WOULD look like a racing game just to see who was on their toes.  Giving an easy to recognize screen shot doesn't make it a quiz.  It makes it a race to see who posts first.  There have been some other stumpers in here too.  

You don't play a lot of RPGs ( I don't think ).  Its not hard to pick out grassy fields and scenery from games by looking once you re familiar with them.

Sorry if the hints were a little off, but I figured when I said no one was warm with their racing and shooting guesses, and then said it was an RPG, it nudged everyone in the right direction.  Maybe part of the problem is that pcengine.co.uk doesn't have screen shots of Sol Bianca :-D

Sol Bianca is sci-fi! But it definitely pulls a Cosmic Fantasy and has a lot of fantasy-like elements to it... not because its a "generic RPG" with "forgettable scenery", but because in the future they STILL HAVE GRASS AND MOUNTAINS! :)  Why limit that to just fantasy games?

and maybe no one got it because not alot of people have played Sol Bianca.  This means people should play it!  Its pretty fun.

generic? Eh. Debatable.   Obscure/not popular? I think so.

No reason to whine just because you couldn't get it Zeon :)   Maybe next time I will make a really easy one just for you.  Like a full screenshot of the first level of Bonk.  :-"

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1484 on: June 02, 2009, 09:24:38 PM »
Quote from: Arkhan

in the future they STILL HAVE GRASS AND MOUNTAINS!

No, the future is 100% metallic.  There can be grass and mountains, yes... but they would be metal grass and mountains.