Author Topic: Do you actually use the Wii strap when playing?  (Read 691 times)

Black Tiger

Do you actually use the Wii strap when playing?
« on: December 27, 2006, 09:47:04 PM »
I know that tards across America have been hucking their Wii remotes at each other like a bunch of crazed monkeys, but does anyone here actually even use their wrist strap at all?

I haven't bothered and I haven't come close to letting go of any Wii controller combo.

Of course, I don't eat with my hands and play video games at the same time and try to keep my hands clean while using a controller so it doesn't get all greazy or anything.

But I'll still request a replacement strap if I can get one for free, just for the hell of it.

Also, what's the point of having a strap loop for the VC pad? Its not like anyone should be winging that thinh around.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Kaminari

Re: Do you actually use the Wii strap when playing?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 09:53:39 PM »
> Do you actually use the Wii strap when playing?

You should :)

Keranu

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 07:45:16 AM »
I used to wear the strap casually when I first got a Wii, but after awhile I stopped wearing it. My little brother on the other hand is always wearing it, even when he browses the internet!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 08:29:51 AM »
My little brother on the other hand is always wearing it, even when he browses the internet!

Awesomeness.  :D

> Do you actually use the Wii strap when playing?

You should :)

That reminds me of the first time the original America's Funniest Home Videos aired some of the fake videos they received.

There was one where a family was doing random things around a house and for some unexplained reason, someone just happened to be 'filming' the entire lot from a perfect static wide shot.

The father was chain sawing down a tall tree and I guess he didn't think it through, because sure enough, it fell down right on top of his sports car! I think he made some lame exclamation like, "OMG, my car!".

It was just like Homer's sitcom pilot: "Mamma mia!"

After AFHV contacted them to ask them why/how they faked it, I guess since they were airing the fakes during that special, the guy said he spent like $500 on an old wreck and painted it up, as an investment to try to win 10 grand.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 08:37:40 AM by Black_Tiger »

Dark Fact

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 10:56:24 AM »
America's Funniest Home Videos was a really lame show.  I can't believe I watched it as a kid. :roll:

As for the Wii strap, it's not really all that necessary to use it.  Besides, straps have a tendency to loosen and break.  The Wii strap is no exception.

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

td741

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 01:32:27 AM »
I pretty much wear it all the time...  I might not use it if I'm just browsing, using the store (and well using the classic controller, etc).

I think of the strap as a safety belt.  It's just some added protection in case the wiimote slips from my hands. :P

KingDrool

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 01:51:15 PM »
Yeah, I use it all the time.  Though I've never even come close to dropping it.  Seriously, these people who are supposedly flinging their remotes across the room...do they play real tennis?  Baseball?  If so, are they whipping their rackets/bats across the court/field?   :roll:
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 06:06:38 PM »
I make my kids use it,thats it. I only do that because younger kids tend to get excited and drop controllers sometimes
while playing games. Mainly I just don't want the remote damaged.

Dark Fact

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 05:28:35 PM »
I wonder how good that strap is as a disciplinary tool? :|

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 03:50:22 AM »

Uhh - for spanking Princess Toadstool when she's naughty?  :lol:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Black Tiger

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 03:57:06 AM »

You mean like beating your kids with it? I think that the remote or the Wii itself would work better.

Dark Fact

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 03:07:15 PM »
Well, it wouldn't be called a strap if you couldn't discipline someone with it, now could it? :wink: