Author Topic: Best way to spend 2000 wii points??  (Read 1021 times)

cavein2000

Best way to spend 2000 wii points??
« on: December 29, 2006, 06:23:08 AM »
So I'm dying to purchase some wii virtual console games.  Ideas include the following:

1.  get bomberman '93, alien crush, and r-type (2000 pts)

2.  get mario 64(have this on N64 but, might be worth it anyway), plus one of the above three, keep extra points for future purchase.  Would also need to purchase a classic or gamecube controller.

3.  pick up one of the three turbo games, wait for new games to come out. 

4. other possibility/reccomendation? 

Any other dos and donts of purchasing VC games welcome!!

What a horrible night to have a curse...

guyjin

Re: Best way to spend 2000 wii points??
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 07:41:29 AM »
I'd go with the first option.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Keranu

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 10:40:54 AM »
If you don't have Mario 64 already, then go with number 2. Otherwise, I'd say 3.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 11:06:08 AM »
I bought Mario 64 and Bonk's Adventure with my first card.

This left a balance of 400 points, which combined with my second card equals exactly 6 TG-16 games.

So now I have all the Turbo games except R-Type and Alien Crush. If I could do it again, I'd get AC instead of Victory Run. I went for VR because I've never really played it and it looks like it'll still be a while before I give it some serious play time.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

cavein2000

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 11:10:20 AM »
Cool, advice.  I did pick up bomberman 93, I only have 94 PCE so figured it would be nice to have too.  The controls are a bit off i think though.  when you try to drop bombs (i'm using the wiimote sideways)  it doesn't register even after you wait for a bomb before it to explode and all.  it seems to register more often when you're not actually moving.  Anyone else notice this? 

But yeah, i think i may just hang out a bit, even though i don't see any releases coming up that i'm interested in.  Plus Zelda has me glued to the tv lately and skipping meals and such.   

Black Tiger

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 11:19:49 AM »
Cool, advice.  I did pick up bomberman 93, I only have 94 PCE so figured it would be nice to have too.  The controls are a bit off i think though.  when you try to drop bombs (i'm using the wiimote sideways)  it doesn't register even after you wait for a bomb before it to explode and all.  it seems to register more often when you're not actually moving.  Anyone else notice this? 

But yeah, i think i may just hang out a bit, even though i don't see any releases coming up that i'm interested in.  Plus Zelda has me glued to the tv lately and skipping meals and such.   

I found that the Gamecube's A button sucks ass for real games like on Turbografx-16.

The Wii remote and GC pad in general weren't responsive enough for me, but the Virtual Console pad is perfect(enough) for TG-16 games. The shoulder buttons feel like they might not be so hot in SNES games, but I've never played a SNES game where they were an important feature.

Keranu

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 11:25:21 AM »
I haven't had any problems using the Wiimote for Bomberman '93 so far, I think it's a blast to use since it's wireless. Since it's wireless, sometimes I like to go 80's style and when other players gang up on me in Bomberman, I look around the room, jump up on the couch, and run away from the real players in the room while playing Bomberman on the screen.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 11:30:54 AM »
I haven't had any problems using the Wiimote for Bomberman '93 so far, I think it's a blast to use since it's wireless. Since it's wireless, sometimes I like to go 80's style and when other players gang up on me in Bomberman, I look around the room, jump up on the couch, and run away from the real players in the room while playing Bomberman on the screen.

You've got all this brilliant material, why isn't it already up on YouTube?  :P

Keranu

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2006, 11:41:00 AM »

You've got all this brilliant material, why isn't it already up on YouTube?  :P
Hahaha, good point. Maybe I should make a little video for this.

cavein2000

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006, 03:50:40 PM »
I now picked up R-type and Bomberman93.  Also bought a classic controller which is on its way(couldn't find any in stores).  It is awesome to pull up the main wii menu now and see turbografx logos!!!

Keranu

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2006, 04:35:31 PM »
It is awesome to pull up the main wii menu now and see turbografx logos!!!
Indeed.  8)

Black Tiger

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2006, 08:01:57 PM »
Tonight I was at a crazy 'entertainment centre' and they had a large arcade filled with lots of classics(I'm bringing a video camera next time).

There I found a fully decked out R-Type cabinet and was surprised to see Nintendo's name all over it.

Keranu

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2006, 08:23:08 PM »
Sweet, do take a video next time.

Black Tiger

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2006, 10:07:11 PM »
Sweet, do take a video next time.

They had the original Hang On bike, full Galaxy Force II and Out Run, Contra, Snow Bros(sounds just like Wardner!), (Ms)Pac Man cocktails, and even newer but hard to find around here stuff like Virtua Fighter 1, X-Men CotA, 3 Daytona USA's and that crazy licensed Mame-like cabinet.

I forget the name, but read about it when it first came out. Its got like every great Capcom arcade ever and a bunch of other classics all in one cabinet.

Keranu

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2006, 10:10:17 PM »
God I need to move to the Vancouver area.