Author Topic: Good news for Konami + PC Engine fans  (Read 1416 times)

Black Tiger

Re: Good news for Konami + PC Engine fans
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2007, 04:28:08 PM »
Don't they only renew once a year?  I wouldn't know, I just buy those prepaid cards when I want to use Live Gold, otherwise the free silver is good enough for me.  I love prepaid cards, I f*cking HATE giving my credit card # to companies.

Maybe it's different in the U.S. or Microsoft was just forced to change their policy recently.

I bought a prepaid card/kit, but although it said nothing of the sort anywhere on the box, Microsoft wouldn't activate my account unless I provided a credit card number that gets automatically billed if I don't wait on hold for 6 hours (literally) to request that it not be renewed. But I wasn't allowed to have my account set to not renew until the last minute(I originally asked for it not to be when I set my first account up).

Many different events have happened with my few attempts to halt renewals. In the end I wound up with two active Gamer Tags.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

GUTS

Re: Good news for Konami + PC Engine fans
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2007, 05:48:37 PM »
Yeah it must be different here because I had Gold for 3 months and didn't have to put my credit card # in, this was last year around summer.