Author Topic: Where's Neutopia?  (Read 2243 times)

Black Tiger

Re: Where's Neutopia?
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2007, 01:02:17 AM »
I call them ports :). Is this a trick question? My brain is not working :).

That's what I was saying earlier. The Hudson Wonderboy games are ports(except 'New AI'). Neutopia is a clone.
Right :). I was saying that AI1 (NES), New Adventure Island (TG-16) and JJ & Jeff were clones of WB1.

For the Hudson Wonderboy stuff, they often added a license (Bikkuri Man) to sell it (which goes back to my other point).

I think we agree with each other, but I may not have worded things as clearly as I should have :).

I haven't played through AI1, but doesn't have the same levels as the arcade(with some changes here and there)?
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

FM-77

« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2007, 11:40:03 AM »
Adventure Island NES is identical to Wonder Boy SMS.

Odonadon

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2007, 01:30:30 PM »
Adventure Island NES is identical to Wonder Boy SMS.

Other than the Master Higgins sprite.

OD
http://www.turbo2k.net - the truly Turboist of all Turbo sites.

FM-77

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2007, 03:56:56 AM »
And the music.

But I meant the levels. They're the same.

esteban

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2007, 07:26:25 PM »

That's what I was saying earlier. The Hudson Wonderboy games are ports(except 'New AI'). Neutopia is a clone.
Right :). I was saying that AI1 (NES), New Adventure Island (TG-16) and JJ & Jeff were clones of WB1.

For the Hudson Wonderboy stuff, they often added a license (Bikkuri Man) to sell it (which goes back to my other point).

I think we agree with each other, but I may not have worded things as clearly as I should have :).

I haven't played through AI1, but doesn't have the same levels as the arcade(with some changes here and there)?
I finally found this thread again! Purely by accident, I might add (I tried searching for "AI1" and it yielded no results).

Anyway, I totally understand your point about AI1 NES: it is an official port of the arcade with cosmetic changes. OK,  I agree that AI1 is not a clone. Would you agree that New AI (PCE) is a clone of WB1?
  |    | 

Black Tiger

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2007, 07:21:32 AM »

I finally found this thread again! Purely by accident, I might add (I tried searching for "AI1" and it yielded no results).

Anyway, I totally understand your point about AI1 NES: it is an official port of the arcade with cosmetic changes. OK,  I agree that AI1 is not a clone. Would you agree that New AI (PCE) is a clone of WB1?

Yeah definitely, thats what I've always said since I first rented it back in the day. Thankfully, its a real clone, like Neutopia and not just an inspired tribute or something like Super Adventure Island.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum