Author Topic: your Wiish list  (Read 1324 times)

Emerald Rocker

your Wiish list
« on: January 31, 2007, 03:24:08 PM »
What game are you most fervently wishing to appear on the Virtual Console, that you know never will?

For me, it would have to be Dracula X.  That game RULES and I think it would appeal to a lot of modern gamers.  Unfortunately, since it's a CD game, and an import CD game at that, I know we'll never see it.  Perhaps it'll appear on Xbox Live Arcade?  They're getting SOTN, after all.

What are YOU futilely hoping to see?
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

Keranu

Re: your Wiish list
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 03:37:55 PM »
You aren't the only one wanting Dracula X for the VC :P .

For me, I'd like to see any Japanese, third-party, or CD-ROM game come out. Not that I am interested in purchasing any, but I think people would greatly appreciate these and would be nice formats to introduce to new gamers.

I have hope Dracula X will be released some day :) .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

GUTS

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 04:31:34 PM »
I'd MUCH rather see Dracula X on Xbox Live than the VC since the VC's Turbo emulation is so shitty, and if it was on Live they would add some nice features.

Keranu

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 04:42:49 PM »
Turbo's emulation on VC isn't what I would call "shitty", not by a long run. They screwed up with Military Madness for sure, but I haven't heard any complaints about the emulation of the other games besides Bomberman '93 being a little blurry. Honestly I think there's a better chance of Dracula X showing up on the Virtual Console than X-Box Live.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

akamichi

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 08:07:48 PM »
The Turbo/PCE games I'd like to see on VC are the same games I would have like to have seen on the system back in the day.  If somehow some company was able to put previously unreleased games like PCE Marble Madness, Off The Wall, or SGX Strider :lol:, etc, then I'd be the first in line.  As for games that were already released back in the day... it doesn't matter to me when they get put on VC.

I would like to see Tongueman's Logic and GrandTheftendo (or however it's spelled) on VC though.  That would be awesome.

Black Tiger

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 08:07:26 AM »
I wouldn't be much more excited to see Drac X on Wii than many other PCE CD games, unless there was some new content.

The ultimate should but never will would be an english translated Kabukiden. But it's never going to happen on Wii.  :(
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Dark Fact

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 04:50:07 PM »
Count me in for Dracula X.  In addition, I want to see Valis I and IV translated and brought over, the RPG classic Emerald Dragon, Cotton 1 and 2, Sapphire, and any other game with anime FMVs. 8)

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Keranu

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 06:35:06 PM »
I wouldn't be much more excited to see Drac X on Wii than many other PCE CD games, unless there was some new content.
Agreed, I would be excited just to see a CD game come out for the VC. Heck, I'm going to be excited if a Japanese or even a third party game comes out for it. Personally, I think all of this is going to happen, but it's all going to build up very slowly. First Hudson is going to be able to bring out a third party game, then eventually a non-heavy Japanese game, and then finally a CD game.

Quote from: Black_Panther
The ultimate should but never will would be an english translated Kabukiden. But it's never going to happen on Wii.  :(
I'd pay the original retail price of Kabuki Den if it was ever translated for the VC, maybe more. Unfortunately this probably won't happen on the Wii or anything else :( . We can only hope for a fan translation someday!

FM-77

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 03:13:28 AM »
There will be no CD games. You all know it. Be more negative.

Keranu

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 08:17:56 AM »
There will be no CD games. You all know it. Be more negative.
Being negative will get you no where in life.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 07:17:44 PM »
Being negative will get you no where in life.

True, but you're never disappointed if you always expect the worst.  I'd like to see something Japanese get translated and released on VC.  Kabuki Den, Cosmic Fantasy series, Drac X, or Sapphire would be great.  I'll take what I can get and be grateful.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Keranu

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 06:50:10 AM »
True, but you're never disappointed if you always expect the worst.
But why would you want to live in a plain, vanilla lifestyle like that ;) ?

Black Tiger

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2007, 09:16:56 AM »
I'd rather see something substantial like an RPG get translated into english before an arcadey action/shooter where no reading is required and 95% of the meagre text is already english.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2007, 05:37:48 PM »
But why would you want to live in a plain, vanilla lifestyle like that ;) ?

Good point Keranu - that's why I prefer the maxim 'hope for the best but prepare for the worst'.  That covers both sides of the tracks.

I'd rather see something substantial like an RPG get translated into english before an arcadey action/shooter where no reading is required and 95% of the meagre text is already english.

Agreed, but I'd take a untranslated shmup or action game if it isn't worth the expense to translate an RPG.  No doubt they would sell much better on VC than old school RPGs.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Keranu

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2007, 05:42:03 PM »
I would too of course, but just seeing any translation would be nice since it shows potential of heavy Japanese games being translated.

Quote from: Necromancer
Good point Keranu - that's why I prefer the maxim 'hope for the best but prepare for the worst'.  That covers both sides of the tracks.
Perfect, you know how to live then.  8)