Author Topic: Ys IV patch  (Read 283 times)

nat

Ys IV patch
« on: February 07, 2007, 05:21:31 PM »
OK, so I *finally* got myself a copy of Ys IV after all these years with the thought of being able to rip it, patch it with the English translation, and re-burn a copy.

But..... the f*cking download link for the damn patch doesn't work anymore!

So... can somebody please send me a copy of the patch so I can patch my copy to English? I *know* somebody here's got it. :) Thanks.

termis

Re: Ys IV patch
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 05:31:35 PM »
Hm?  Are you downloading it from the official site?  Downloaded okay for me, but I'll emailing you the copy anyway.

http://nick.serveblog.net/translations/ys4/

FM-77

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 02:54:32 AM »
I have a mirror here.

nat

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 03:13:28 AM »
Hm?  Are you downloading it from the official site?  Downloaded okay for me, but I'll emailing you the copy anyway.

http://nick.serveblog.net/translations/ys4/

I can get to that page no problem. When I try to save "Save Link As..." my browser tells me "Check your connection to the server and try again." I've never had that happen before, EVER, but I tried it like 30 times with the same results. Must be some kind of network incompatibility between my system and his server.

Either way, I got your e-mail attachment, thanks!

And thanks for the mirror link, Seldane, I am bookmarking that.

elnino

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 06:45:41 AM »
I tried to patch my Ys IV some time ago but whenever I burnt a CD to play it on the Engine, the system thought it was an audio cd and not actually a game. Nat, when you manage to make it run on the Engine, please let me know. :wink:

Another question although it's rather stupid: Are there any patches for the Ys I & II and Ys III games? I know there were released in the US but I just got the japanese versions. 8-[
www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)

esteban

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 06:53:26 AM »
Another question although it's rather stupid: Are there any patches for the Ys I & II and Ys III games? I know there were released in the US but I just got the japanese versions. 8-[
In a word: no.
  |    | 

Black Tiger

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 06:55:45 AM »
I tried to patch my Ys IV some time ago but whenever I burnt a CD to play it on the Engine, the system thought it was an audio cd and not actually a game. Nat, when you manage to make it run on the Engine, please let me know. :wink:

There are plenty of isos online. If you're going to be playing a cdr anyway, it won't be much different.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

NightWolve

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 06:36:15 AM »
I can get to that page no problem. When I try to save "Save Link As..." my browser tells me "Check your connection to the server and try again." I've never had that happen before, EVER, but I tried it like 30 times with the same results. Must be some kind of network incompatibility between my system and his server.

You mind PM'ing me your IP address? If you can get to the rest of the site, it's probably a banned range I set up for the downloads folder against all things google, googlebot, etc. I used the CIDR though which I felt should cover just them, but it's probably catching your IP address as well. That'd be the only explanation right now. I'd need to see your last IP though to know for sure, and I'll probably just remove that ban or see how I can better adjust it.