Author Topic: Whatever happened to . . .  (Read 328 times)

2X4

Whatever happened to . . .
« on: February 20, 2007, 10:28:05 AM »
 . . . the crash course in HuC programming that Nod was doing?  Is he going to finish that or did real life get in the way?  I only have a basic knowledge of C++, but it was enough to make that very interesting to me.  I think he was also working on his own compiler, and some documentation to go with it.  Nod, if you're out there, what's the skinny?
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

nodtveidt

Re: Whatever happened to . . .
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 11:48:15 PM »
The skinny:

-The crash-course kinda crashed, since I don't have a lot of time to work on it. After my wife and I move into our new house (in about two weeks), that's one of my priorities to get finished.
-Not a compiler, but an IDE for HuC (called HuiCide). That too is on the sidelines right now during our move prep. It's a very complex program and I'm a one man army working on it so it's going pretty slowly. Also, I want to have the HuC Documentation Project completed at the same time and incorporated into the HuiCide project. The doc project is about 50% completed locally, it'll be available in CHM format as well as an online version.

Since I've had so little free time lately, everything has been at a standstill. A few days ago though, I did manage to run into a bit of free time and get some practice in with HuC again (I seem to lose my edge if I don't code for awhile) and I've started work on the "real" projects at Frozen Utopia again. Today though, I doubt any work will get done since my wife and I have to work on the house as well as have our new renter sign his contract, and tomorrow we work all day out-of-town. Looks like Friday's gonna be the first day I'll have any time for any serious coding...

2X4

Re: Whatever happened to . . .
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 10:23:08 AM »
Cool!  Good to hear that it hasn't been scrapped all together.  The Turbo community is fairly small, but the turbo software development community is nearly extinct, so if you didn't do this kind of project, maybe nobody would.  Can't wait to see what you come up with!  Good luck with your new house BTW!
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .