Author Topic: New Adventure Island officially "Not Worth It"  (Read 1136 times)

Keranu

Re: New Adventure Island officially "Not Worth It"
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 08:45:13 AM »
I wish more games today were linear.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

FM-77

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 11:06:48 AM »
Me too. Linear = awesome.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2007, 01:32:27 PM »
OK I've got it... get this... here it is:

Adventure Island:  Unrated Directors Cut Super Extended Edition

Keranu

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2007, 01:57:25 PM »
I was waiting for Joe to announce his version of the title :D . I like it.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

FM-77

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2007, 04:11:48 AM »
That's all right, except I don't see the word "collector's" in there, so it is simply unacceptable!

Joe Redifer

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2007, 11:46:52 AM »
Well shit!!!

MotoRoaderMike

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2007, 06:06:44 AM »
That's why I don't listen to those stupid magazine critics. They're so full of themselves. They slam alot of games that are good, and so forth.

Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

Ultra Luigi

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2007, 02:11:10 PM »
This game was trashed by someone who reviews VC games every week on the Nsider boards. The TG-16 gets a lot of trash from people there.

Here’s what he had to say about the game.

“In a no doubt controversial choice, I am not recommending New Adventure Island. Although it may seem like a solid platforming game, and at times it is, there's simply not much originality in the game. Sure, the skateboarding parts were new, but other than that, it just appeared to be a mix of Bonk's Adventure and Super Mario Bros... And ultimately that's what it is. If you have an insatiable urge to play a platforming game from Hudson and a prehistoric theme is your cup of tea, Bonk's Adventure is the better choice. Only download this game if you have downloaded all of the other (much better) platforming games on the Virtual Console... or if you just feel like getting it. But other than that, stay away.”

Skateboarding parts were new. He’s obviously never played any of the older games. The skateboard has been there since the beginning.

Btw, I’ve never played this game before and this is one of those games I’m really interested in getting. What do you guys think about it? I’ve played Super Adventure Island, and some of the NES ones. Should I get this one too?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 02:14:15 PM by Ultra Luigi »

Keranu

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2007, 02:21:45 PM »
Haha, that guy's review is full of bullshit. He needs to quit comparing Adventure Island to Super Mario Bros. and Bonk.

Ultra Luigi, New Adventure Island is a pretty fun game. If you liked the original, you'll feel right at home with this version as it's much of the same game except with very colorful and sharp graphics and new soundtrack.

GUTS

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2007, 05:07:46 PM »
What do you expect from people on the N-Sider boards?  That site is a magnet for the biggest f*cking nintendo nerds on earth, of course they're going to have horrible taste and be incredibly retarded.  That is honestly the absolute worst video game website ever.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2007, 05:57:21 PM »
I personally love New Adventure Island......but, what do I know?

Black Tiger

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2007, 01:22:23 AM »
This game was trashed by someone who reviews VC games every week on the Nsider boards. The TG-16 gets a lot of trash from people there.

Here’s what he had to say about the game.

“In a no doubt controversial choice, I am not recommending New Adventure Island. Although it may seem like a solid platforming game, and at times it is, there's simply not much originality in the game. Sure, the skateboarding parts were new, but other than that, it just appeared to be a mix of Bonk's Adventure and Super Mario Bros... And ultimately that's what it is. If you have an insatiable urge to play a platforming game from Hudson and a prehistoric theme is your cup of tea, Bonk's Adventure is the better choice. Only download this game if you have downloaded all of the other (much better) platforming games on the Virtual Console... or if you just feel like getting it. But other than that, stay away.”

Skateboarding parts were new. He’s obviously never played any of the older games. The skateboard has been there since the beginning.

Btw, I’ve never played this game before and this is one of those games I’m really interested in getting. What do you guys think about it? I’ve played Super Adventure Island, and some of the NES ones. Should I get this one too?

The original Wonderboy came out around the same time as the original Super Mario Bros, so it was probably nearly finished before SMB hit. It predates the first Bonk game by a good 4 years or more.

What I want to know is how can someone think that not recommending NAI is a "controversial choice", but not have any clue what the game is.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

BonkThis

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2007, 01:48:29 AM »
I love it as well. If you like the other adventure island games this one is a must have.

FM-77

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2007, 03:04:44 AM »
Please sell New Adventure Island (jap) to me.