Author Topic: wHITE ScREEN  (Read 439 times)

21JAMES

wHITE ScREEN
« on: March 20, 2007, 12:58:54 PM »
hELLO,  IM NEW here
        I decided to start up my Turbo w/attactment cd in about 7 yrs or more :shock:  i always had it in the hard case that came in the cd box when i bought it..i have the new super system card/american version.  and i always had it in the slot of the turbo machine. and now when i start it up or try to i get a  white screen  and thats all i get... any solutions to try would be appreciated....thanks :pray:

FM-77

Re: wHITE ScREEN
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 01:09:14 PM »
hELLO, WELCOME TO THE SITE!!!112222 :wink: 

This is a common problem. You need to clean the card and the port as well. NEVER leave cartridges in systems when you're not using them, they're both oxidated now. No connection. No good. Nightmares, loss of sleep, mental breakdown. Everything will collapse. Sorry, but until you clean these things with alcohol, the world's stopped.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 01:13:28 PM by Seldane »

21JAMES

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 01:28:06 PM »
thanks seldane
  im glad is an easy solution..looking forward to posting more topics..im glad i found a site for turbo fans. im not really good a posting pics but ill try and post my private collection...about 1996 i amost sold my collection ...im glad  the deal went soar.. :dance:

Joe Redifer

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 02:20:08 PM »
I have left a System Card in the slot of my TG-16 since I got the system back in 1991.  It's not always the same system card, and sometimes it is a regular HuCard instead, but I can honestly say that my TurboGrafx has never gone more than 2 or 3 minutes at a time without some sort of card inserted.  Works fine.  Maybe that's because it knows better than to piss me off.

21JAMES

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 02:55:09 PM »
oK I cleaned the card w/ alcohol but i cant get inside the slot of the turbo machine...do i have to open it up ive never done it before... can i just pour a little alcohol in there would that be ok? ](*,)

nodtveidt

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 04:14:49 PM »
I sure as hell wouldn't be pouring alcohol directly into the machine...there's gotta be a better way...a thin cloth attached to something, maybe?

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 05:50:02 PM »
Take and dab a q-tip  with some alcohol and rub some on one of your hu-cards like Keith Courage on the connector area,and insert it in and out a few times, After doing so dry the card off and repeat the process a few more times. Then after all that madness use  a air can and blow it out.

21JAMES

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 06:41:53 PM »
i kind of did it before i read your post's  ...i took awhile to dry cuz it got froze a few times...but now its working good.... so i reccommend pouring alcohol in your system....but dont let it drive ..be  a desingated driver   :dance:

21JAMES

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 06:47:40 PM »
ok i got it going....it there a way to have some kind of better video cables other then composite ..i have a hdtv...would like to take advantage of it.... :-k

Joe Redifer

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 07:29:55 PM »
Not without physically modding your system.  And even if you have component cables it won't be in HDTV.

FM-77

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 11:55:24 PM »
I have left a System Card in the slot of my TG-16 since I got the system back in 1991.  It's not always the same system card, and sometimes it is a regular HuCard instead, but I can honestly say that my TurboGrafx has never gone more than 2 or 3 minutes at a time without some sort of card inserted.  Works fine.  Maybe that's because it knows better than to piss me off.

I guess you live in a very dry place then. :wink: Get a little moist in there and you're doomed!

Joe Redifer

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 04:26:26 AM »
So you're saying I shouldn't pee in my card slot anymore?

FM-77

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 04:55:24 AM »
Actually I encourage such behaviour.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 05:36:25 AM »

I guess you live in a very dry place then. :wink: Get a little moist in there and you're doomed!

When you said that I thought instantly of those ultra weak KY tv ads they keep airing on TBS,TnT and USA network.

2X4

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 11:33:18 AM »
So you're saying I shouldn't pee in my card slot anymore?

I poured alcohol into my system on saturday, as a result I ended up peeing in the slot.
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .