Author Topic: Sega's best console  (Read 3367 times)

Kitsunexus

Re: Sega's best console
« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2007, 03:03:42 PM »
Huh?

I swear I'm hearing one of these in the background: http://www.synthmuseum.com/casio/casvltone01.html

Sounds like this:

Joe Redifer

« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2007, 04:00:12 PM »
Nope.  Not sure what you're hearing.  I listened again and can't hear any tones.

Black Tiger

« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2007, 06:17:08 PM »
Was that captured from a real cart? Because it sounds a little different than when I play it on my PC in Meka.  :-k

EDIT: Joe only captures from real hardware, and MEKA is a shit emulator anyway, use KEGA Fusion.

Amd Joe, what's with the Casio VL-1 in the background!?  :lol:

I only play SMS carts on SMS/MarkIII hardware and only emulate SMS roms in SMS emus.  [-(
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2007, 06:46:36 PM »
There are lots of other NES games I have played with really good voices too, but I don't know any off hand. I'll have to go through the ROM list sometime to pick them out.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

kungfukid

« Reply #139 on: May 29, 2007, 03:00:41 AM »
Yeah, those voice samples from SMS SF2 are about right - I just played the cart to see and they are actually quite good. They're not bad on Mortal Kombat 2 and Robocop V Terminator as well.

FM-77

« Reply #140 on: May 29, 2007, 03:09:09 AM »
By the way, Kega Fusion is not good at emulating the Sega Master System, as it stretches out the picture. It is impossible to get a correct aspect ratio using it. Meka is much better, but features a nasty GUI which renders the entire thing unusable.