Author Topic: Buyrite.com rant  (Read 384 times)

Zaggart

Buyrite.com rant
« on: August 14, 2003, 05:07:00 AM »
Hey, has anyone else had problems contacting Buyrite.com?  I've sent in half a dozen questions as to the availability of some TurboDuo games, and have heard NOTHING.  Not even a "Thank you for writing, we will get to your email as soon as possible."

Then, I (foolishly perhaps, I know) decided to buy something from there, and attempted to save my receipt as HTML (like I've done 99% of the time before).  However, when I click on it now, it just takes me to their home page, and after sending 3 emails, I've still received no response!

Anyone?  Anyone?    

Nutribrain

Re: Buyrite.com rant
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 10:37:00 PM »
As I've never bought stuff from them in the past and come from Germany I've no experience with them. But I recall that I heard many things about them on the TurboList. Try to search the TurboList's mail archive for some things about them...

joyce.eng.yale.edu/~bt/turbo/

Pcenginefx

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2003, 01:14:00 AM »
I haven't heard anything about them recently, but I thought they were good to buy from (at least in the past few years.)  Back a few years ago, I think they were under different management or had different staff...needless to say, anyone who bought from them was asking for trouble (a huge story behind that.)  But one day they cleaned up their act and people started buying from them again with no problems. Aaron Nanto
Webmaster Pcenginefx.com
www.pcenginefx.com

The ultimate resource for NEC console information!
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

esteban

re
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2003, 09:03:00 AM »
before ordering, i would check this out:

www.boycottbuyritegames.com/

for recent coverage of their business practices.
  |    | 

Pcenginefx

Re: re
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2003, 09:48:00 AM »
Wow....guess they really never "cleaned up" themselves at all (just the customers)...well forget what I said then  Aaron Nanto
Webmaster Pcenginefx.com
www.pcenginefx.com

The ultimate resource for NEC console information!
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

myoldskool

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 09:51:00 PM »
I have just started collecting pc engine/turbografx stuff after wanting a system for about 15 years. The Buyrite site looks absolutely choice, but, like you, they have NEVER responded to a single email I sent!!!  

Zaggart

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004, 11:20:00 PM »
Yeah, and I find it odd that I receive emails from them regarding "discounted" games that include ones not released (anywhere) yet...  

ChopperCharles

BuyRite
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 06:22:58 PM »
I live 10 miles from BuyRite, and I won't even go in the store anymore. They've never been under any other management for the 10 years they've been open. They're all dishonest and corrupt. If you order by mail or the Internet you'll get ripped off, plain and simple. It takes everything you've got not to get ripped off when you walk in the store to buy something. No, pass on Buy Rite. There's always eBay.

Charles.

dpaint4

Bad Times
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2004, 07:42:07 AM »
I've never had a good experience with them.  I hate that they list games as available that aren't and then they'll even let you order and pay for them without saying a thing.  About a month later, we called them and they said that the games were on "back order" and would be shipped when they arrived.  Monthes later it took about four phone calls and a lot of screaming to cancel the order and get our money back.  I just HATE them.