Author Topic: WANTED: PC-FX  (Read 561 times)

moribund112

WANTED: PC-FX
« on: April 21, 2007, 05:44:28 PM »
Hi guys,
 I'm looking for a PC-FX console, preferably boxed.
 I'm a gamer at heart, so I'm not totally anal on things like mint condition, etc. etc.
 I was wondering, what is the average price for a system now? Also, do many games even use the mouse attachment?

Thirdly, why the hell do Japanese vendors on ebay gouge the hell out of everyone with shipping? They wanted more than $50 to send me a PC-FX
 console from Japan to China!  ](*,) We are neighbors!

Lastly, I've read quite a few people here are using cd-r burns of the more expensive and hard-to-find games. Some people even mentioned pressed silvers, although I've never seen any here
 and I'm pretty sure that most of them would come from China.

Thanks!
Tim

nat

Re: WANTED: PC-FX
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 06:27:51 PM »
My friend in Japan picked me up a loose console with a controller and cables (no box) from Akihabara a few months ago. It ran me around $65 US after shipping. He's seen boxed units there for around the equivalent of $80-90 US.

So I would say if you can avoid eBay, $100 or less shipped for a unit in the condition you're looking for would be reasonable.

However, I've also been told many stores there have pulled the console from the shelves because of flakey power cords. You may have a harder time finding one now outside of eBay.

FM-77

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 08:21:44 PM »
On Ebay they will cost you $100 boxed.

moribund112

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 10:18:43 PM »
that sounds like a great price you received from your friend!
I've been searching around ebay and boxed systems are around the right price, but the shipping is just ludicrous - it's really hard to justify it when some people
gouge prices for shipping.

nat

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 10:23:24 PM »
On Ebay they will cost you $100 boxed.

Yeah, but they kill you on the shipping:

I've been searching around ebay and boxed systems are around the right price, but the shipping is just ludicrous

.... :) I wouldn't pay more than $100, including shipping, for a boxed FX.

moribund112

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 10:24:51 PM »
you know of some places to look for that I don't?  :mrgreen:

nat

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 10:38:37 PM »
No, not really.

I simply happen to have a friend that lives in Tokyo that is just as big a TurboGrafx freak as I am and is happy to be my eyes and ears in Akihabara when he finds good deals.

The difference is he's not out to make money off me like the jackass eBay stores are. Sure, the $65 I paid for my PC-FX includes a buck or two to make his trip into town worthwhile but beyond that I pay the street price for my stuff, and the actual shipping cost. Contrary to what they want you to believe, shipping from Japan to the US is relatively cheap. If you live in China, it should be pocket change, I would imagine.

If you have to resort to eBay, the key is patience. Don't necessarily jump at the first deal you see. Either way, it won't be the last, and a better deal is bound to pop along sooner or later. Another key is to try searching for slight, less common, spelling variations on your items. I've gotten some great deals that way.

moribund112

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 07:03:11 AM »
Well, if anyone is looking to sell their PC-FX I'd be glad to snatch it up!
Just let me know your price and location plus condition of the system, etc. Thanks!  :D

gundarN

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 08:27:29 AM »
Prices for the FX on ebay are quite high. Any recommendations on where else to track one down (I'm in the UK)?

moribund112

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 05:22:34 PM »
Again to anyone selling a PC-FX I'm down for it!

Simply reply to this thread and I'd be happy to work a deal with someone.

gundarN

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 09:16:41 PM »
Again to anyone selling a PC-FX I'm down for it!

Simply reply to this thread and I'd be happy to work a deal with someone.

Sorry, not trying to hi-jack your thread. I'm just curious as to where any retailers may be.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 05:06:06 AM »

I'm not a big fan of ebay, but there is a PC-FX up now that's at $110 shipped with four games (item #160108019331).  Unfortunately, the games are naked (no cases or manuals), but the console is in the box with manual, cables, etc.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

moribund112

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 05:56:35 AM »
I took a look at that actually, it looks good!

Also, no problem gundarN, I'm really a nice person. If it helped you as well as me that makes it even better!

Zeta-Gouki

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2007, 03:29:26 PM »
$100 for a boxed FX shipped?

Wow, the market really hit the floor on these apparently...

FM-77

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 07:19:50 AM »
Give me a PC-FX for $100 shipped please. I need it.