Author Topic: Zeroigar  (Read 692 times)

nat

Zeroigar
« on: April 21, 2007, 10:12:35 PM »
My buddy in Japan recently picked me up a batch of FX games. They arrived today...

Among them was Super God Trooper Zeroigar. Anyone else besides Aaron have this one? It's the only shooter on the FX.

First impressions are: great game! Too bad there aren't more shooters for the PC-FX. Cutscenes are average fare for the FX, so far. I've only made it to the boss of the second level. The game is a little on the tough side-- takes some getting used to. For the first time, I miss the "turbo" switches from the TG.

Graphics-wise, I'm ever so slightly disappointed. For a 32-bit 1997 release I expected more. I would almost go the distance of saying Sapphire is more impressive in this department. Obviously the Turbo couldn't handle the FMV cutscenes, however. Music-wise, I'm very pleased. I'm a big fan of rock-oriented soundtracks (eg. Gates of Thunder, Lords of Thunder, Sapphire), and this is definitely not of that genre. But the music is very good nontheless, which says quite a bit considering. All in all a really fun game if you like shooters.... and there's no doubt I do. Has a real "quality" feel to it.

Another game I got with this batch was "Miraculum: The Last Revelation" which so far appears to be an overhead RPG in the vein of "Anearth Fantasy Stories"... Anyone got this one? I've barely dabbled, but it looks like it's going to be loads of fun.

Oli_lar

Re: Zeroigar
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 12:11:45 AM »
Its a game I want to get - its expensive on ebay though. How much did you pay for it? Do you know anywhere with a cheapish copy?

nat

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 10:42:36 AM »
Don't even think about paying what they've been charging lately on eBay for it.

I paid $50. I think the copy that was (still is?) up on eBay recently had a BIN of like $350. That's f*cking ridiculous.

EDIT: There's a copy up now for $199.00. That's still waaaaaay overpriced, though.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 10:49:10 AM by nat »

GUTS

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 08:28:45 AM »
Zeriogar is great, all the different modes give it tons of replay value.  Miraculum wasn't much fun from what I remember, it was pretty bland and generic.

Tatsujin

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 05:02:27 PM »
Anyone else besides Aaron have this one? It's the only shooter on the FX.
still own it, altough i sold my FX years ago. sadly, it is really the only and one shooter on the system. liked the anime-cut scenes the most, the shooter itself is more settled somewhere in the average, compared to the HC shmups lineup on the PC Engine. anyway one of the most must haves on that system, doubtless.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

nat

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 05:08:57 PM »
I also got Blue Breaker with this latest bunch. I saw it in an issue of a magazine I have, Genki Engine or something like that. Looks like fun, but after reading about it, it sounds really complex.

Aw, hell, here's what I got this time around:

Blue Breaker
Yuna FX
Miraculum: The Last Revelation
Zeroigar
Der Langrisser FX

GUTS

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 08:50:57 AM »
Actually if you stick with Blue Breaker it's not that complex at all- at first it seems overwhelming but you'll quickly find that the game boils down to running across long flat "levels" battling enemies, then doing a short digital comic style thingy, then another level or two, etc.  It was really linear, but actually pretty fun from what I remember.  I think I made it halfway through before starting Boundary Gate which completely and utterly ruled.  If you want a PCFX rpg that you can actually easily beat with no japanese knowledge, get Boundary Gate.  Man I loved that game.

shubibiman

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 10:49:13 PM »
I remembre the first time I played Zeroigar. It was at a meeting of french pce fans. We had a good laugh as we all thought the game sucked.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

peperocket

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 04:32:35 AM »
Agree with shubi, the stage boss are really ridiculous !

nat

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 06:05:42 PM »
Did anyone else know about

Apparently if you beat the game on hard mode you unlock a new game mode where you play a different character and all the enemies are different. Almost looks like a parody of itself.

I've beaten the game, but never on hard mode before, and this is the first time I've even heard of this.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 06:08:19 PM »
Now I know what I must do!

BEAT IT ON HARD MODE FOR THE TOME.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

gekioh

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 04:14:50 AM »
Hey yeah I remember Zeroigar, that game was hella fun, and hella hard for me too. In fact I bought mine from a friend here in town, a pretty good deal too. I got a boxed system, Zeroigar, Blue Breaker, Last Prince(or something like that), Dragon Knight 4, and Boundry Gate and I think one other game all for $300.

esteban

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2011, 07:18:13 AM »

Apparently if you beat the game on hard mode you unlock a new game mode where you play a different character and all the enemies are different. Almost looks like a parody of itself.

I've beaten the game, but never on hard mode before, and this is the first time I've even heard of this.

The notes for the video state that the MUSIC is new (but not bosses). Can you confirm that the music is new? :)

|    | 

nat

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2011, 12:22:23 PM »

The notes for the video state that the MUSIC is new (but not bosses).

The bosses do indeed look the same, however, all the other enemies (including the explosions) look completely different.

Can you confirm that the music is new? :)

Yes, the music played during the videos is definitely different than what you hear in the normal game.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2011, 04:32:33 PM »
I confirmed this shit a bit ago.

Hot damn, I likey.

This is officially in my top 5 vertical shooterbooms.  Console ones of course.  Adding in arcade stuff too (including home ports) just makes things too hard to narrow down!

Sapphire
Steam Hearts (f*ck you if you dont like it!)
Gall Force
Zeroigar
Spriggan.

f*ck, Zeroigar rules.  I didn't give the game enough attention initially.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.