Author Topic: Anime Freak demos  (Read 406 times)

Oli_lar

Anime Freak demos
« on: May 19, 2007, 08:26:28 AM »
I don't have any of the Anime Freak discs, but I read somewhere that there are playable demos on it - does anyone have a list of which volumes have which demos on them?

Ta

nat

Re: Anime Freak demos
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 09:13:02 AM »
I've got a bunch of these, and to be honest, I've actually never even taken them out of the plastic wrap.

If I get a chance this weekend I'll go through and tell you what I find.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 04:48:11 PM »
back when I had an FX I had vol 4

There pretty cool to screw around with- I don't remember any playable demos on it, but it had like an entire episode of some anime and lots of preview type videos of games coming soon and what-not.

It was a very cool disk.  Lots of stuff to watch, probably an hour or two of footage and audio.

Oli_lar

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 10:05:11 AM »
I've got a bunch of these, and to be honest, I've actually never even taken them out of the plastic wrap.

If I get a chance this weekend I'll go through and tell you what I find.

That would be great if you get a chance, cheers

Tatsujin

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 09:58:48 PM »
usually there're some animes in Full FMV on it, plus game reviews and some playable mini interactive games. futher, there're some idol-profiles with pictures and voice samples of them and some kind of karaoke songs (never figured aout how to use them, back in the days).
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Oli_lar

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 10:23:47 PM »
Ah well, I was hoping that if there were demos on them one might just have one of Super God Trooper - I don't fancy paying £100 for it...ah well

nat

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 10:29:00 PM »
You shouldn't have to.... I paid $50 for my copy which is what, £25 maybe?

Oli_lar

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 12:57:00 AM »
To be fair the only copies I have seen have been on ebay. How did you get yours?

I've thought about using a shopper for Yahoo JP but am going to wait until I get a fair bit of money together in order to put  larger order in to keep the costs down.

nat

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 04:15:46 AM »
Granted, I got mine from a friend in Japan who picked it up on the street for me.

But still, you should avoid eBay at all costs for that item in particular. eBay sellers are known for gouging horrendously for that title. A while back (last year?) someone here sold a copy for around $100, which is much more reasonable.

I'm not saying you should necessarily hold out for a $50 copy, but £100/$200 is ridiculous. Recently there was a seller on ebay selling one for $350. I'm too lazy to check to see if it's still up. Highway robbery.

neofan

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 05:14:00 PM »
Then Anime Freak games were just that....titles for anime freaks. Each one had a <basic> theme to it, with some FMV of current <for the early 90's> anime. They DID have some fun mini-games with J-pop or Idol girls hosting them.
These are original games, not demos of current PC-FX games

You are probably thinking of the PCE Fan or Super PCEngine Fan Deluxe issues that came out with very cool demos of PCE or PC-FX games. These were regular newsstand game magazines and I only the last few before they stopped publication had the demos. And YES, Super God Trooper Zeroigar was on one of them!  WAYYYYYYYYY before it got released, if i remember correctly.

later gamers
-scotty
Neofan's PC-FX Hints and Walkthrus
http://my.att.net/p/PWP-nec
"it's enough to get you started"

Take the awesome PC-FX quiz!
http://quizilla.teennick.com/tests/16054718/click-here-to-add-a-test-title

Kitsunexus

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 04:09:11 PM »
There was a lot of love for Tenchi Muyo/Universe on the PC-FX. This fact makes me happy. ^_^

nat

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 04:28:28 PM »
They DID have some fun mini-games with J-pop or Idol girls hosting them.
These are original games, not demos of current PC-FX games

I finally pulled the wrap off my Anime Freak discs last weekend and tried them out.

These "games" are nothing more than some FMV clips that play and then ask you for input. One of the games was High/Low, another you had to guess how many fingers the girl was going to hold up, etc.

As a fan of High/Low, I kind of enjoy that one, but the rest are forgettable.