Author Topic: I think the Turbo Duo really doesn't need a fan....  (Read 338 times)

SNKNostalgia

I think the Turbo Duo really doesn't need a fan....
« on: May 27, 2007, 04:19:41 PM »
I think the Turbo Duo really doesn't need a fan for cooling afterall.

Here is what happened: My US Duo had the sound fading issue with the capacitors being dry. A month ago I replaced all 9 caps that have to do with the sound with atleast 10v more tolerance and it has been working like new ever since. Well, yesterday I realized I accidently left my Duo on for almost 2 days straight and my room had to atleast be 70-76 degrees. I noticed it was on and I felt the top of the system. It wasn't any hotter than it normally gets and there was no heat near the CD mechanism at all. I played it right then and my system still runs perfect.

Basically, if you just replace the capacitors in the system you won't have to worry about the heat since that is a problem that went along with the old caps. Make sure your system is on a nice open area wood surface. Now, if your room is like 90-100 degrees or something all the time then I suggest buying an Air Conditioner big time. It is a bad video game enviroment in the first place. Hell, my Dell laptop would just shut down if I had it on for a few hours in that temp.

Platinumfungi

Re: I think the Turbo Duo really doesn't need a fan....
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 12:44:57 PM »
Good info to know. I was thinking about fan systems just today so I'm happy to hear that it's not a necessity.