Author Topic: Australia's getting TG-16 VC games, so...  (Read 485 times)

Black Tiger

Australia's getting TG-16 VC games, so...
« on: June 12, 2007, 01:19:54 AM »
Since Australia's getting Turbo games for Virtual Console and the TG-16 is a foreign console there, I think that its a sign that there's a chance of North America getting some non-domestic VC platforms.

Sure the Turbo's games are already in english, but so are so many japanese games like the former import Battle Lode Runner.

Still, I'd like to see the SMS on VC next with the option to chosse either PSG or FM sound.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

Re: Australia's getting TG-16 VC games, so...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 10:07:02 AM »
I'm waiting for Pippin Atmark to appear on the Virtual Console.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

FM-77

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 02:51:56 AM »
There are no Pippin Atmark exclusives, so whenever it happens (because it will), there will only be Pippin software. Of course, as there never were any Pippin software, Nintendo will make some.

Kaminari

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 12:09:49 AM »
I think that its a sign that there's a chance of North America getting some non-domestic VC platforms.

You're hoping too much. In France, we got the Japanese PC Engine (not the US TurboGrafx) yet the European VC only offers US games. The only way to get Japanese games on your VC is to live in Japan.

Black Tiger

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 01:05:58 AM »
I think that its a sign that there's a chance of North America getting some non-domestic VC platforms.

You're hoping too much. In France, we got the Japanese PC Engine (not the US TurboGrafx) yet the European VC only offers US games. The only way to get Japanese games on your VC is to live in Japan.

But was ever officially released? I thought that it was only import stores/distributors who made up crude translated manuals.

In my hometown, we got tons of Famicom carts with convertors, but I don't count it as a real release.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

FM-77

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 04:06:37 AM »
There was no PCE/TG in most of Europe, and yet we're getting American games never ever released here (i e EVERY TG game on VC has never been released anywhere in Europe. Ever).

nat

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 10:51:23 AM »
But the TurboGrafx (not the PC Engine) was NEC's "official" console entry on those shores.

FM-77

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 11:13:45 AM »
Yeah, but no games were "officially" released.

Except the pack-in, I suppose. I think it was Blazing Lasers. At least it was a Compile shooter.

MrFulci

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 12:30:41 PM »
I watched Telegames UK's sales video from the late 80's. They were throwing them in for free (DVD copy) with orders placed in 2005 and 2006. I sent Nat a copy!

From what I saw, the Turbografx was available from Telegames UK during the 80's/90's. If Telegames sent out these promo videos to potential customers during that time, showing off systems they had for sale, then the Turbo Grafx was available in UK, even if only from Telegames.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Keranu

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 01:18:02 PM »
Telegame's website was a huge rip off!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).