Author Topic: Turbo Duo CD Music Problems  (Read 379 times)

DHG Hunter

Turbo Duo CD Music Problems
« on: June 16, 2007, 08:14:32 AM »
I picked up a few new Turbo Duo games at the Midwest Gaming Classic and got a chance to play them recently.  Unfortunately, I noticed that at first the CD sound was sometimes hit or miss (I thought it might be the CD or iffy programming at first), then sometimes it would come in and out like a weak radio station, and eventually I didn't get any CD sound streaming off of the unit at all.  I popped in Lords of Thunder to see if it was my unit or the game, and unfortunately I don't get any CD sound out of that game either, just some sound effects.  I double checked the Turbo Chip games, and I do get music out of those games, so it isn't a situation with the cables.

I'm pretty sure the problem is the sound chip that handles the CD audio, but I was just curious if anyone else has had this problem before?  I'd rather fix the system I have than replace it (although I may have to do the latter), so does anyone know of a good place that fixes Turbo Duo's?  I found Old School Gamer, but I was wondering if I had any other options just in case.

Thanks!

Later.

Mobius

Re: Turbo Duo CD Music Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 09:14:19 AM »
This is a very common problem with several threads on the Repair forum: http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?board=19.0

DHG Hunter

Re: Turbo Duo CD Music Problems
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 09:44:42 AM »
Bah, my appologies.  I glanced right past "repair" and saw "mod" for that forum, hehe. =)

Later.