Author Topic: Duo-R Won't Power On  (Read 538 times)

Chakan

Duo-R Won't Power On
« on: June 21, 2007, 08:27:11 AM »
Hey guys, ltnp here.  :oops:

I went to hook my Duo-R up to a different TV today. It'd been a while since I played it (in a Management-in-Training kind of program and busy with life) and was feeling like molesting my Duo Controller a bit today. XD

Unfortunately, I couldn't get the unit to power on. I tried the 9v NEC adapter that came with my Duo-R and a 10v SEGA adapter that also fit (I've only used the 9v NEC adapter since I got it). I tried them both in multiple outlets just to be sure. There are two small kids in the house, so I'm a little worried that they might've done something to magically transform my Duo-R into a brick and/or nice-looking paperweight. Cosmetically it looks fine from the outside and there doesn't seem to be any loose parts.

Any suggestions on how to find out what the issue is? I don't have enough time to take it apart and look at it until tomorrow, but thought I'd post here and see if anyone had a good idea of what to look for.

Kitsunexus

Re: Duo-R Won't Power On
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 08:30:09 AM »
Try moving the connectors around on the edges, bending them and whatnot. I've had a lot of wall-warts short because they've been bent.

Does the power jack move around when you touch it with your finger? I had this problem with a PSOne, and when I soldered the jack back into a stationary position, it worked just like the day it was built.

nat

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 08:41:51 AM »
Did you remember to plug it in?

Kitsunexus

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 09:24:44 AM »
Did you remember to plug it in?

:lol: I was going to say that but I didn't feel like being mean today.

FM-77

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 11:31:38 AM »
Did you actually plug it into the TV? Or did you just try to see if it would power on? The Duo won't give you any sign of life whatsoever until you press RUN button, unless you have a hu-card plugged in.

Chakan

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 05:02:12 PM »
I originally had it all hooked up, assuming that everything was fine. There wasn't a CD in the unit when I powered on, but I was sure that there'd be some noise from the lens moving about without one? I'm going to hook it back up and try with a game in... just in case.

When I checked it earlier today, I got no picture on the screen, sounds, or drive noise. AFAIK, it's not powering up at all.

As far as the power jack/port, it seems pretty solid; as do the other connections.

Well, I'll try again here in a short bit and give you guys an update.

Chakan

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 06:47:49 PM »
 :dance: It's working again. :D

Damn, I forgot how quiet this machine can be.  :mrgreen:

Kitsunexus

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 06:59:23 PM »
Glad to hear it.