Author Topic: PC-FXGA Videos  (Read 1229 times)

sabre470

More videos
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2007, 09:12:44 AM »
Hello,

So my 360 just died on me tonight, 3 rings of death!!! So it's time for a new PC-FXGA Video, this time the new video is on Nnyu the 2nd commercial games for the FXGA.

So see you on my blog (can't post HTML here  ) http://sabre470.wordpress.com

Enjoy

Sabre
Sabre470
PC-FX Fanatic
http://cdromrom.wordpress.com

guyjin

Re: PC-FXGA Videos
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2007, 09:50:54 AM »
ouch, sorry about the 360.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

nat

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2007, 09:55:07 AM »
Nice, never knew about that game before.

MissaFX

Re: More videos
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2007, 10:40:08 AM »
Hello,

So my 360 just died on me tonight, 3 rings of death!!! So it's time for a new PC-FXGA Video, this time the new video is on Nnyu the 2nd commercial games for the FXGA.

So see you on my blog (can't post HTML here  ) http://sabre470.wordpress.com

Enjoy

Sabre

That sucks, but it's nice you have that other hardware to play with.  I am hoping that one day people will be able to make homebrew PC-FX 2-D games by maybe ignoring the 3-D hardware on the card or something.  It's too bad they didn't make prototypes of the PC-FX 3-D add on so people could copy it and sell it now. :(
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Keranu

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2007, 03:20:10 PM »
Thanks again for the totally rad videos! This game looks wickedly wild and awesome!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

geepee16

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2008, 10:25:04 PM »
This is really cool.  I had no idea anyone had any progress with these kits.  Is it easy to work with or do you need a lot of programming know-how.  NEC originally talked about this being very user-friendly.  SInce I have never actually used it, I can't be sure.  I read once on a Japanese site that all FX games work perfectly so I think it's safe for us to accept that.   

In any case, the whole idea f being able to play the FX on a PC was a wonderful idea (though I thnik Matsushita was the first to do it with the 3DO).  The FX was designed to be a console sister to the PC-98 computers after all.  I wonder if the PC-FXGA could help us on the emulation front in any way?

NEC was considering a 3d processer add-on which obviously never came out.  They probably realized too late that the world was more eager to jump to 3d than it was to remain 2d.  What intersts me is that the FX much have some extra horsepower under the hood ready to receive any such add-on.  Could this 3d chip in the FXGA be 'plugged' into an FX?

Oli_lar

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2008, 11:14:40 PM »
Good work Sabre!

ceti alpha

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2008, 03:09:59 AM »
Those videos were awesome, and sorry to hear about your 360.  :( How MS went from manufacturing an indestructible brick house (original Xbox) to making the most fragile game console is beyond me.  :roll: My original Xbox (I'm the second owner) is a V 1.0 and still works like a charm aside from the extra fan that was put on the early models, which was eventually taken out. The fan will make a horrible noise for the first 30 seconds you turn the Xbox on. No big deal.

Anyway, I really like your site Sabre. Nice design.  :)

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Oli_lar

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2008, 06:44:34 AM »
I see you have a few new nice pics on your site Sabre  :wink:

sabre470

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2008, 10:51:39 PM »
Thanks for your messages of support for my 360, it's back in shape now though I haven't played much with it lately...

I'm happy you guys like the PC-FXGA videos, I've got more to come, there are still plenty of demos to explore from GMAKER/+ and the programming book. I will try to get some done over the week end.

Sabre470
PC-FX Fanatic

sabre470

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2008, 11:05:41 PM »
This is really cool.  I had no idea anyone had any progress with these kits.  Is it easy to work with or do you need a lot of programming know-how.  NEC originally talked about this being very user-friendly.  SInce I have never actually used it, I can't be sure.  I read once on a Japanese site that all FX games work perfectly so I think it's safe for us to accept that.   

In any case, the whole idea f being able to play the FX on a PC was a wonderful idea (though I thnik Matsushita was the first to do it with the 3DO).  The FX was designed to be a console sister to the PC-98 computers after all.  I wonder if the PC-FXGA could help us on the emulation front in any way?

NEC was considering a 3d processer add-on which obviously never came out.  They probably realized too late that the world was more eager to jump to 3d than it was to remain 2d.  What intersts me is that the FX much have some extra horsepower under the hood ready to receive any such add-on.  Could this 3d chip in the FXGA be 'plugged' into an FX?

It's not particularly difficult to use, if you know DOS commands it's a breeze, the hardest thing is to install everything properly with no IRQ conflicts...

From what I understand there are no reasons why the PC-FXGA couldn't run all the PC-FX games no incompability has been reported yet. It's a PC-FX with the missing 3D chip...

I don't think one could connect directly the 3D chip on a stock PC-FX, the bios on the PCF-XGA is different but I guess with sufficient knowledge and hardware documentation it could be done using what's in a PC-FXGA but it would be a lot of work for a few games and demos. Emulation is the most likely option to play these I'm afraid. Note that the PC-FX is able to boot and play PC-FXGA games but you only get sound, no image.

With regards to Emulation the PC-FXGA bios has been dumped a long time by the FXer team and is widely available and Magic Engine is really solid and cheap.  I guess the SDK could help developers in developing emulators.

Sabre470
PC-FX Fanatic

nat

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2008, 03:01:17 AM »
Since the FXGA BIOS has already been dumped, I wonder if it would be possible to replace the PC-FX BIOS with a flash chip flashed with the FXGA BIOS, enabling one to connect the 3D chip to a stock PC-FX. Feasible?

MissaFX

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2008, 03:21:22 AM »
Since the FXGA BIOS has already been dumped, I wonder if it would be possible to replace the PC-FX BIOS with a flash chip flashed with the FXGA BIOS, enabling one to connect the 3D chip to a stock PC-FX. Feasible?

I sure hope one day it would be.  When it is, sign me up for a kit! :D
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

scrodamoon

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2008, 06:45:21 AM »
you have much more info on the PC-FXGA  im very interested in it.