Author Topic: need help  (Read 404 times)

kc713

need help
« on: July 04, 2007, 06:15:54 AM »
Im looking for the CD add on for my Turbografx,but we all know that it's real hard to find.So what's the big deal with owning a PC FX?And what's better Turbo Duo or Pc FX?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 06:22:24 AM by kc713 »

nat

Re: need help
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 06:44:14 AM »
Depends what you are looking for. They are two completely different systems and are not compatible with each other.

The PC-FX is a 32-bit console. There's only one shooter, but lots of RPGs. This system was the successor to the Duo, a la Saturn and Genesis.

The Duo is a 16-bit console with a much larger game library. It is almost the same thing as a TurboGrafx-16 with a CD add-on.

neofan

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 03:35:16 PM »
Au contraire, mon frere (yeah its not spelled right)

The Turbo+CD is NOT the same as a TurbDuo (or DuoR/DuoRX...whatever)

the Turbo+CD will NOT allow you to play SuperCD's, just Turbo CD's
64K games vs 256? Its been awhile, but i think those are the specs, and you will get a HELL of a lot more fun from your Turbo if you feed it Super CD's

You can get a System 3.0 card or an Arcade Card PRO (make sure its a PRO) to get the full benefits of the Turbo Library. I'm fairly certain Arcade Cards are plentiful on the market, but they need a convertor which are not.
System 3.0 cards WERE released in the US, no converter needed, you just can't play Arcade card CD's (which are all Japanese, but ALL forms of Turbo CD's play on any system with the right operating system card, no region lockouts)
later gamers
-scotty
Neofan's PC-FX Hints and Walkthrus
http://my.att.net/p/PWP-nec
"it's enough to get you started"

Take the awesome PC-FX quiz!
http://quizilla.teennick.com/tests/16054718/click-here-to-add-a-test-title

nat

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 05:27:29 PM »
Au contraire, mon frere (yeah its not spelled right)

The Turbo+CD is NOT the same as a TurbDuo (or DuoR/DuoRX...whatever)

Re-read my message, cheif:

The Duo is a 16-bit console with a much larger game library. It is almost the same thing as a TurboGrafx-16 with a CD add-on.

It is the same thing with a different amount of internal memory. That additional memory can be supplied easily enough via the use of a System 3.0 card, as you suggested. Everything you can do with a Duo you can do with a TG-CD, although extra peripherals may be required.

Turbo D

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 03:04:48 PM »
Remember dudes, dr.neo's neopceflash will not work on the turbograf-16 plus turbo cd, but it will work on the duo.

nat

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 04:17:25 PM »
Remember dudes, dr.neo's neopceflash will not work on the turbograf-16 plus turbo cd, but it will work on the duo.

I'm sure that will be the deal breaker for this guy.

FM-77

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 11:55:33 PM »
Dr. Neo can go to hell!

nat

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 06:53:52 AM »
Dr. Neo is clearly a chump.

FM-77

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 07:49:34 AM »
I hear he isn't even a real doctor!!