Author Topic: New SuperGrafX owner needs expert advice  (Read 353 times)

omnedon007

New SuperGrafX owner needs expert advice
« on: August 30, 2003, 11:38:00 AM »
rather than re-type my find, here is a link to my find, and the story about it.
Super Grafx find thread

I am a newb to PC Engine. I've had a TG16 with a few games for a while (a year), but was not really impressed. Now I have this. I have been offered some major coin for this find by forum friends, and local collector friends. I have not sold it, and I don't think I will.

Why? The games!!! The PCE games in the lot feel like grade A steak, whereas a lot of the games on the other consoles feel like ground round now!

I've given it some thought, and I'm willing to trade away the SuperGrafX and it's one SuperGrafX game in the lot, Ghouls and Ghosts. What do i want for such an incredible find?

I want to play and keep the PCE games I have, and get the PCE CD. I already have an empty (suitcase style) docking station. I figure I can play more of this newly discovered goodness this way.

I'm looking for tips and advice. What hardware should I insist on in a trade? Should I ask for a couple HuCard or CD games thrown in on the deal? help me out!

Thanks

dj898

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 04:36:00 PM »
[DELETED]

Solscud007

New SuperGrafX owner needs expert advice
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 06:39:29 PM »
I went to Vancouver with my GF to meet her mom. She showed me she had this game that was from one of her favorite anime, Wataru. She also has a game with a kid monk.

So she was going to throw it away cause it didnt work. I figured it must be the metal contact issue like my old NES. So I got rubbing alcohol and a qtip and rubbed the contacts on the cards and it works like a charm. So she let me have it.

So I have a PC engine Core Grafx.  HE system.

what does HE stand for? I havent seen pictures of this thing. What is a Supergraphx then? Mine is a small square dark square box rouchly the size of a CD jewel case. and about as thick as 4 jewel cases.

can someone recommend me some good games I need to look for? I see Rtype 1, bomberman and Twin Bee are some games I like.

How does the CD unit look and function with the Core system? thanks

dj898

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 02:14:50 PM »
HE I believe stands for Hudson Entertainment or something. ;p
And for PC Engine in order for release:

PC Engine - the original white one
CoreGrafx - it's same size as white but in dark grey and has AV output instead of RF on original PCE
CoreGrafxII - face lift of CG
Shuttle - yet another CG without the port for CD-ROM addon
SuperGrafx - upgraded version of PCE and it has its own HuCard titles although only 5/6 were ever released.
Duo - all in one unit that includes PCE, CD-ROM addon and system card 3.0
Duo-R - face list and in white
Dup-RX - last PCE released and identical to Duo-R except comes with 6 button pad

Apart from Duo you will need interface unit often called suitcase as it looks like one. Also there are two CD-ROM addon - CD-ROM2 and Super CD-ROM. The difference is CD-ROM2 has built-in system card 2.0 whereas Super CD-ROM has system card 3.0 and plays those SuperCD titles. Then there's Arcade Card Pro and Duo which support ArcadeCD - mainly SNK ports.

For must have titles why don't you check out this thread.

cheers