Author Topic: ^_____^  (Read 712 times)

nodtveidt

Re: ^_____^
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2007, 07:33:45 PM »
I still prefer the good ole PS2 setup for all my PC emulation needs. :)

[soapbox]
And I don't give a damn if someone tells me that I don't have the right to play the games or am too cheap to buy them. ;) I AM a cheapskate anyways, but only because all of my money right now is being saved aside for the Mysterious Song CD pressing. But I'll do what I want regardless of the opinions of others. On that note, my ROM collection is limited to games I either actually like, or games I'm studying and/or disassembling for various reasons. But I still have them here regardless of whether or not I own the actual game. I am not hurting anyone's sales, and I'd actually rather not support some of the shysters out there trying to overprice a lot of old, useless junk. I like emulation, I like emulators, and I enjoy playing emulated games. Sure, it doesn't beat the real thing, but in this world and in this life, we can't always have what we want. I can't have an arcade in my living room, so I'll have one on my PC.
[/soapbox]

nat

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2007, 07:38:09 PM »
https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?action=post;topic=3427.0;num_replies=6
how the fudge can anyone do anything with that POS controller??

In comparison to what, PSX or Xbox controller? The 360 controller is the best, but the GC is a close second. For emulation purposes though, I use a Dual Shock 1 from my PS-one system.

How does the GC controller compare for older setups (like snes,pce,gens)?

I like the stock GC controller quite a bit. There is a MadCatz version of the GC controller that is larger, rounder and has bigger buttons. This pad, IMO, is one of the best video game controllers ever built. It plays fine with vintage and modern games alike.

The stock GC controller is a bit stiff for the older setups because the D-pad is too small (the MadCatz version I mentioned earlier fixes this).

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2007, 07:49:05 PM »
My son has that pad Nat,it is pretty good,prob the only thing Mad Catz made that I like,and that has not killed a controller port yet.

nat

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2007, 07:51:11 PM »
My son has that pad Nat,it is pretty good,prob the only thing Mad Catz made that I like,and that has not killed a controller port yet.

Yeah, no kidding!

I also have a second MadCatz GC controller that is SMALLER than the normal GC pad. Go figure. The big one is far superior, though. My wife likes the small one.

Tatsujin

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2007, 07:55:53 PM »
i use my famicom-USB pad. great deal for 8/16-bit emulation, altough i kick on any emulators may be once or twice a year.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Bonknuts

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2007, 06:10:28 AM »
Famicom pad? How do you use turbo buttons then?

I bought one of those NES style PS2 gamepads. I love(d) that thing! It was great for emulation and on the PS2. I originally bought it to get that old school feeling for DQ8, but the analog stick drifts badly now and I can't use it :cry:

Kitsunexus

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2007, 06:22:08 AM »
There are tons of people out there with much much more. Since you stated all of that,and that your not a collector,do you own any game systems at all,or own any games,or are you a romz only person with some Compaq P4 oem built comp?

I have a Gamecube, a SNES, a Genesis, a PS1 (well, THREE PS1s, found them used cheap) and a PSP.

The system that would actually get me started collecting if I could find it would be the SEGA Master System, but those things are rare in the real world (and I HATE EBAY).

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2007, 08:48:07 AM »
Try old pawn shops,dig around in their storage if they will let you.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2007, 02:46:28 PM »
Wow.  I thought everyone here had a Turbo or PC Engine equivalent. 

TR0N

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2007, 03:49:14 PM »
No dice kit i'm sorry a modded sega saturn pad+blazeing star=love  :wink:

Heck or a useing a 3in1 pc joybox by mayflash with a saturn pad is, even better for mame use on the computer.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Kitsunexus

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2007, 07:29:24 PM »

Heck or a useing a 3in1 pc joybox by mayflash with a saturn pad is, even better for mame use on the computer.

Saturn IS the best pad ever, but so hard to find. :(

TR0N

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2007, 11:22:40 PM »

Saturn IS the best pad ever, but so hard to find. :(

Well not that hard if ya use JGS  :wink:
http://www.japangamestock.com/buy_video_games.php?currency=USD&cPath=66&products_id=4097
Oh and the 3in1 pc joybox can be bought here.
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-6m-49-en-70-1hv.html

Still if your looking for saturn controll pads on evilbay, no wounder there hard to find  :P

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2007, 11:27:41 AM »
I never had a prob finding a Saturn game pad on ebay.....

Turbo D

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2007, 12:48:49 PM »
ya, me neither