Author Topic: Devil's Crush "censored"?  (Read 803 times)

runinruder

Re: Devil's Crush "censored"?
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 09:06:42 AM »
I would like to think of it as one of the only satanic games out there  :twisted:

There are quite a few Satanic games. Satan's Hollow being one of the most blatant. Crue Ball, obviously evil as hell. Then of course you have the most Satanic games of all; WWII FPSs, GTA/GTA clones, and anything from EA Sports. Those that make such games clearly worship Satan.

And let's not forget the demonic Puyo Puyo, which features Satan as the main villain--though cute little Arle calls him "Santa," much to his chagrin. 
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

gundarN

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 10:32:52 AM »
Wasn't there a slightly nudie lady censored in Devil's Crush?

Dark Fact

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2007, 09:06:09 AM »
Censorship of religion is nothing new in video games.  It has been going on since the early days of Nintendo.  I can name some examples.

Final Fantasy - Cross symbol above the clinic changed to a heart
Faxanadu - Crucifixion of Jesus as well as standard crosses removed.  Priests renamed to "Gurus".
Splatterhouse - Level 4 boss stage changed from a church to a hallway with arches and altars removed as well as the boss itself changed from an inverted cross to a demonic face.  In addition, the grave at the end of the game was changed from a wooden cross to a headstone.

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!