Author Topic: Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars *Spoilers*  (Read 193 times)

retroborg

Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars *Spoilers*
« on: August 06, 2007, 12:52:20 AM »
So, I finally completed all 3 campaigns.
Over all (apart from the lame NOD ending which is a direct inclination of an up coming expansion), it left me an awesome impression!

Fast paced game play, excellent story line, awesome graphics, great music and the most destructive weapons I’ve ever come across in an RTS game!
The ION cannon blasts, the Avatar War Mechs, the Mammoth Tanks, the Planetary Assault Carriers & storm Rider spaceships, just rule!

The GDI rely greatly on a steamroller effect, devastating anything on their path, the NOD on stealth and nuclear blasts and the Scrin on mass scale air strikes!

What I loved the most was the Intelligence Date base of each of the 3 factions, gathered with the completion of each level.

The GDI present a darker & more sinister approach to the story, the NOD a more fanatical and idealistic view, where as the Scrin are more realistic and objective not to mention surprised by the situation on earth!

Specifically I loved this Scrin report:

.. Indigenous population aligned into two major factions

... These factions continued combat operations between them even as they were threatened with extinction by our initial attack

Indigenous population is warlike to the extreme - once Threshold activation is complete and gateway is open, entire indigenous population must be cleansed

I was very pleased to see Kane reappearing, as he’s the coolest, most sinister and mysterious character in the C&C universe.
An interesting fact is that he has been appearing through out the whole C&C time span, ranging from the 1950’s (during the events in Red Alert 1, as an advisor to Stalin) and all the way to the event of Tiberium Wars in 2047 as the charesmatic leader of the NOD! But he always appears young and untouched by the hand of time!
This is implying that he’s in fact immortal, not human or some Demon! He could also be linked to the biblical Cain (Kane) the first murderer after killing his brother in a struggle, which would explain why he has been going on living through out the ages!

Along with Dune2, Dune2000 & Tiberian Sun this is the best RTS ever imo!
I can’t wait for the expansion pack!