Author Topic: Galaga 90  (Read 505 times)

Odonadon

Galaga 90
« on: August 08, 2007, 06:32:51 AM »
Finally a game worth buying on the VC!  Galaga 90 is one of my all-time favourites and a perfect match for the VC.  Yay!

OD
http://www.turbo2k.net - the truly Turboist of all Turbo sites.

lbblue

Re: Galaga 90
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 09:28:13 AM »
Wii fanboy didn't think so ....
but I tried to set them straight. :roll:

TR0N

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 04:31:17 PM »
Good news i guess one of the more over looked ones in the galaga serise.

Still another title i'll stick to playing on my pce.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Turbo D

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 04:58:06 PM »
the best in the series, you can merge 3 whole ships in this one, wow, cool, 3 whole ships  :clap: :wink:

kid_rondeau

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 04:55:03 AM »
I have always wondered:
If you play this game on the "Easy" mode, what is the light blue capsule for? It's been so long that I can't remember what any of the other ones do either (except for red, which is automatic Triple Fighter).

There were also a silver, green, and an orange one.

Turbo D

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 12:52:24 PM »
easy mode? whatcha talking about?  :-k

kid_rondeau

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 10:35:06 PM »
Well, if you hold button I plus Up while pressing Run to start the game, you get to play a MUCH easier version of the game...they tell you how to do this if you beat it in regular mode, *without* making it to the furthest "dimension".

You'll know you did it right because the "selector" capsule (choose single or dual ship to start) will be red instead of blue.

ceti alpha

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 10:13:28 AM »
Well, if you hold button I plus Up while pressing Run to start the game, you get to play a MUCH easier version of the game...they tell you how to do this if you beat it in regular mode, *without* making it to the furthest "dimension".

What?! Easier?! Is that even possible?! Galaga 90 for the Turbo is waaaayyy easier than the arcade. I actually beat it the first time I put the chip in the Duo.   :o I haven't yet beat the MAME version.

One thing I'm confused with. Is the game easier if you take the blue capsules or is it harder? Just wondering because I beat the game taking all the blue capsules.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

kid_rondeau

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 10:55:53 AM »
The blue capsules enable you to "Dimension Warp" to a harder dimension. For example, in the hardest dimension, there are many enemies who are metal, who inflate, etc.

The enemies should be a lot easier if you never warp, meaning you never take the blue capsules.

Turbo D

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 10:58:32 AM »
Ya, if you take some blue capsules everything starts warping out and stuff. And then there are all these bugs flying around really fast.  :wink:

ceti alpha

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 11:45:56 AM »
So it's even easier if you don't take the capsules?  :-k hmmm

As easy as the TG port is I still love it. Even though it doesn't have those weird Japanese speaking aliens. hehe

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"