Author Topic: Nintendo NES pad on a PCE/TG16 ?  (Read 743 times)

chaoticjelly

Nintendo NES pad on a PCE/TG16 ?
« on: August 10, 2007, 02:15:24 AM »
Hi Folks!

I was doing a forum search and I came across a thread which Keranu posted in saying that there was a site where it describes how to connect a NES controller to a PC Engine/Turbografx 16. I've tried PM'ing Keranu but no response yet.. this was a few days ago.

Does anyone else have this link? I've done several google searches and come up with zippity squat, zilch, nada.

There is a plentiful supply of NES controllers at a local store but actual PC Engine/Turbografx 16 controllers are like gold dust, so this guide would be extremely useful for me..

Many thanks for your time,
CJ.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 03:40:00 AM by chaoticjelly »

Turbo D

Re: Nintendo NES pad on a PCE/TG16 ?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 02:31:03 AM »
kerano should reply, hes always on here. I wouldn't necessarilly want to use a nes pad on the turbo, but I can see where you are coming from (turbo pads are expensive). I too would be interested in this information. I'm always down for a new mod, haha.

chaoticjelly

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 03:35:30 AM »
I thought maybe I was too n00b on the forum for a reply  :mrgreen:

I think a NES pad would handle quite well, and of course it's 2 buttons like the PCE/TG16 controller..  :P

Turbo D

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 03:52:13 AM »
ya, I'm down to build one.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 12:24:10 PM »
chaoticjelly should not be considered a n00b anywhere.  He makes awesome RGB SCART cables.

Keranuuu!!  Where are you?  Don't make me insult Insector X.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 03:17:36 AM »

Keranu

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 03:25:57 PM »
Crap, did my PM not reach you, chaoticjelly? Not that my PM was very informative to begin with since I don't know of that site, but I'm sorry if it didn't get to you. Anyways, could you post a link the thread where I mentioned that, chaoticjelly? I don't quite remember my post about that.

Insector X Insulted

Man I only read like half of that review before closing the tab. It was so full of lies and crap that I don't even have time to explain them.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 05:48:13 PM »
That guy said he died 50 times in the last stage of Insector X.  I don't think I've died 50 times in ANY shooter.  And yet he claims Insector X is easy?  What a weirdo.  He sucks at life.

nat

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 05:49:30 PM »
I don't think I've died 50 times in ANY shooter.

Have you ever played Sinistron?

Keranu

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 05:56:11 PM »
That guy said he died 50 times in the last stage of Insector X.  I don't think I've died 50 times in ANY shooter.  And yet he claims Insector X is easy?  What a weirdo.  He sucks at life.
Yeah I know, what the hell!? If it took him 50 times to get past a part of the game, then I think it's safe to say that the game was pretty difficult for him!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 05:58:59 PM »
Yeah I know, what the hell!? If it took him 50 times to get past a part of the game, then I think it's safe to say that the game was pretty difficult for him!
This reviewer is a goofball.
  |    | 

Joe Redifer

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 06:06:44 PM »
Quote from: nat

Have you ever played Sinistron?

I rented it once at the local TurboGrafx-16 Mega Store.  I'm sure I powered it off forever long before I died my 50th time.

Turbo D

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 06:08:16 PM »
Its hard to find that game, I think all of the owners of that game destroyed the hucard  :wink:

nat

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 03:48:06 AM »
Sinistron kicks ass. Sinistron is a shooter for men whereas Air Zonk, for example, is a shooter for children.

But there are parts in Sinistron where I've definitely died 50 times or more (probably not all in one sitting though) before I was able to pass them.

chaoticjelly

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2007, 09:19:00 AM »
Crap, did my PM not reach you, chaoticjelly? Not that my PM was very informative to begin with since I don't know of that site, but I'm sorry if it didn't get to you. Anyways, could you post a link the thread where I mentioned that, chaoticjelly? I don't quite remember my post about that.

Nope.. got lost in the vastness of the Interweb I think  :D

The thread where you mentioned it is here;

http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=1747.0

Cheers