Author Topic: Please Set Disc!  (Read 381 times)

JMontoya9189

Please Set Disc!
« on: August 12, 2007, 03:13:03 PM »
I replaced the laser and now I get this error when I try to test things out. What did I do wrong?

Sanjûrô Tsubaki - He was exactly like me. A naked sword. He didn't stay in his sheath.

SignOfZeta

Re: Please Set Disc!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 04:24:45 PM »
Does it spin the CD, or just give you the error straight away? What model system do you have?

JMontoya9189

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 04:27:26 PM »
Does it spin the CD, or just give you the error straight away? What model system do you have?

It spins the disc, I have a Turbo Duo HES-DUO-01

Sanjûrô Tsubaki - He was exactly like me. A naked sword. He didn't stay in his sheath.

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 05:26:05 AM »
Did it do this with the original lens? Also, check for the wire connections to the lens and PC board. If all else fails it probably needs the lens to be adjusted. I would do this as the last resort since it is a bit annoying and you need to be careful with the wires on the plugs to it. There is one screw on the bottom of the lens that is adjustable, try turning it clockwise a little at a time when testing out a disc. If that all doesn't work you may need another HOP-M3 possibly, since some can be not so great out of the factory. This is why I ordered 2 of them at once and for longer life out of my Duo if both work fine.

JMontoya9189

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 07:12:22 AM »
Well I fixed it kind of, I kept the plastic cover that protects the lens off and it plays.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 08:10:03 AM »
Sounds like you didn't quite get her back together just right.  Give it another shot, making sure to get everything squished tightly together, or just leave well enough alone and leave the little cover off.  Either way, congratulations for saving a Duo from the scrap heap.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Platinumfungi

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 11:14:57 AM »
I've gotten that message before when I accidentally pressed down the tiny black plastic bar on the pcb (that registers if the tray door is open or not) when I was doing some repairs. The system would just say "Please set disc". So I opened it back up, pressed the little plastic piece so it popped back into the "up" position and then I was good :)